In search of

Josh007

Let me just give you a short description of the system I had and the options I'm looking at, everyone's valuable advice is most welcome in taking my next decision,
So here it goes I had systems like norge, and pulz amps in the 80s and 90s era never ever stopped working no matter what, in fact my pulz amp was totally submerged in water during during the Mumbai floods but still worked well after it was throughly dried, now time had changed we moved from lpg to audio cassettes to Cds and now we have pendrive and so I thought maybe it's time for an upgrade, so I purchased a pioneer vsx 329 av receiver coupled them to my existing SPACE 2.1 satellites/ sub system they worked okay, and then a couple years ago I purchased a taga harmony tav 506 v.2 to do justice to my pioneer amp, now after working fine for a couple of year my pioneer amp stopped working with a No sound, issue, took it to emmision electronic which is an authorised pioneer service centre and they asking ₹15+ to repair it, which I fell is ridiculous, so I did not even care to collect my amp from them.
So now I am left with a year old set of 5.1 speakers with no amp, I'm not willing to spend 25k on another av receiver ,my budget is around ₹15 k, please suggest.... thanks

Hi Josh,

welcome to the forum. Yes I can understand the dilemma.

First thing is to note that service centers usually don't repair stuff, they just swap bad board with a good board. So you may want to have it checked with some good technician who understands his hammer n chisel (pun intended).

There's a chance that It could be fixed at much cheaper cost.

Hope this helps.

FMs from Mumbai may share contacts of good tech for AVRs

Back