Initial impressions on Q Acoustics Concept 20s

Hi, Looksike you fixed the problem with your Sub, I was wondering if you have tried the digital filter in Audiolab 6000A. I have the same amp and I found that the filters change the overall sound presentation quite a bit. I found the Slow Filter to be more suited for 'busy' music like Led Zeppelin or The Who. On an aside, some of the Led Zeppelin remasters has issues with dynamic range and compression. I prefer the sound of the older recordings of Led Zeppelin.

Yes. Sometimes, remastering can be nothing like the original recording. I have once heard "Old Love" by Eric Clapton from a remastered CD. Though it was OK, the same song from Vinyl in the same setup was something else. For newer albums from other artists, the CD was much better in dynamic range when compared to corresponding vinyls in the same setup.

@Miany I couldn't be happier. More than anything I am extremely amazed at the sound vs size of these speakers. Waiting to hear from Mr.Murthy on the stands, hopefully that might make it better, though I do not know, what would be better at this point.

@Miany I couldn't be happier. More than anything I am extremely amazed at the sound vs size of these speakers. Waiting to hear from Mr.Murthy on the stands, hopefully that might make it better, though I do not know, what would be better at this point.

Yes. I share the same feeling about concept 40s. They have really surprised me with their presentation. Though i struggled really hard to get their placements right, I am really happy with the outcome. They punch way above their price point for sure! They are real VFM!

Hey @shyamv, I have not really gone into the system and tweaked it at all. It is all straight out of the box :) The sub took care of everything :p. That could be the reason, I mostly had the FLACs of the remasters, but a lot of other stuff sounded really bad too :)
At the end of the day, the important thing is to enjoy the music. Equipment is just a means to that end. Happy Listening!

Have something to ask about the concept 20s.
Currently my concept 20s are powered by Marantz AVR sr6008. I am wondering

whether adding an integrated amp with HT bypass such as Audiolab 6000a will yield better result for music listening.

That should be for you to decide, but they do play well with AL6000A. Also given that most L/R setups do better when they have a dedicated amp to them, I would put my 2 cents on - Yes they would sound better.

That should be for you to decide, but they do play well with AL6000A. Also given that most L/R setups do better when they have a dedicated amp to them, I would put my 2 cents on - Yes they would sound better.
Thanks so much for quick reply. 🙏🙏🙏

Sorry, One more query - how should the subwoofer be connected to Audiolab - 2 male rca from pre out to sub line in?

Yes there is only one pre-out in this if I remember correctly so yes that would be the way. Unless you have an REL.

Hi @gurujee

I have used Audiolab 6000a on many speakers, from KEF Q150, QA 3050i to now Lintons. Most speakers pair well, also QA Concept 20's will be a good match. It will be a definite upgrade in terms of 2CH sound.

Audiolab comes with a built in DAC too, so just add a Wiim Mini and your done.
Power amp duties can be carried out from your Marantz, add a trigger cable.
Pre out can handle subs, though no crossover option.

Hi @gurujee

I have used Audiolab 6000a on many speakers, from KEF Q150, QA 3050i to now Lintons. Most speakers pair well, also QA Concept 20's will be a good match. It will be a definite upgrade in terms of 2CH sound.

Audiolab comes with a built in DAC too, so just add a Wiim Mini and your done.
Power amp duties can be carried out from your Marantz, add a trigger cable.
Pre out can handle subs, though no crossover option.
Thanks 🙏 so much, Amrut for the detailed reply. Since you already have owned both, is it wise to go for 7000a since the price gap, I guess, is significant

Thanks 🙏 so much, Amrut for the detailed reply. Since you already have owned both, is it wise to go for 7000a since the price gap, I guess, is significant

Yes, and no.

Question is,
  1. Will you use Audiolabs USB input (DAC)?
  2. Will you use this with TV or home cinema? 7000a has HDMI input for ARC.
Since you already have a marantz I don't think HDMI will be useful too.

In terms of power yes, 7000a is good but 6000a is no slouch.
I would still happily pick 6000a for what it does, and save some for other upgrades.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back