Interesting amp build using Hypex modules

thanx george. doesnt look too complicated, relatively easier.
too bad not too much of listening impressions or cost factor. will check out the diyaudio for this.

@ GeorgeO
Did you order the UcD180 modules via ebay or directly from Hypex website?
How much did they cost and which power supply are you planning to use?

I've been reading lots of good reviews on Hypex modules/amps. Will look forward to more details as you progress through the build.

TIA

Last edited:
I was in the US a couple of months ago and got them from diycable-Kevin Haskins used to assemble these units but stopped doing so a few months ago-however he has some parts that go into the build, details of which which are available on his site, I suggest you check it out and if you have any specific questions, just ask.

In addition he was good enough to use his connections with Hypex to order them at a good price. Essentially he offered a custom power supply board with capacitors and a mounting plate, as well as a softstart module, in addition to the Hypex modules and cables. The price is about $750-800 IIRC, excluding the toroidal transformer, input and output connectors and misc hardware, and chassis. It might add up to just over $1000 give or take.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back