Interesting thread on vinyl

Thanks George. Good Thread to start in Hifivision. Or are you referring it to point that only old people listen to vinyl ? ;)
Anyway two Vinyl recently bought are...

marvin-gaye-whats-going-on-355498.jpg
Hot_Buttered_Soul-796777.jpg

1) Marvin Gaye - What's Going on
2) Issac Hayes - Hot buttered soul
But will have to wait to listen to them as they are with a friend who will be bringing them next week.
regards

I just bought four:
1.) Alison Moyet - ALF
2.) Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon
3.) Olivia Newton John - Making a good thing better
4.) Original Sound Track - Grease

All sound amazing though all are Indian Pressings :)

Last edited:
Thanks George. Good Thread to start in Hifivision. Or are you referring it to point that only old people listen to vinyl ? ;)
Anyway two Vinyl recently bought are...

marvin-gaye-whats-going-on-355498.jpg
Hot_Buttered_Soul-796777.jpg

1) Marvin Gaye - What's Going on
2) Issac Hayes - Hot buttered soul
But will have to wait to listen to them as they are with a friend who will be bringing them next week.
regards

Hiten, both the vinyls are great and a part of soul and r&B music history!
If you dont like them (a 1% chance!) pass them on to me!

Manav, will definitely keep you in mind if I don't like them. :)
A question for you and everyone. I have few vinyls which don't have record labels only side A and Side B stamped on them. Are they first test pressings ? Any info on this ?

Sorry George for being a little off topic.

Thanks.

Just bought:

The Bridge (200g) - Sonny Rollins (Classic Records)
Songs for Distingue Lovers (200g) - Billie Holiday (Classic Records)
Let No Man Write My Epitaph (200g) - Ella Fitzgerald (Classic Records)
Trinity Sessions (200g) - Cowboy Junkies (Classic Records)
Hot Rats (200g) - Frank Zappa (Classic Records)
The Healer (200g) - John Lee Hooker (Classic Records)
Folk Singer (200g) - Muddy Waters (Classic Records)
Aqualung (200g) - Jethro Tull (Classic Records)

just bought
Benny Goodman ~ Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert Vol. 3
The Doors ~ Greatest Hits
Shakti with John McLaughlin ~ Natural Elements (Mind ecology is superb, accompanied by zakir Husaain)
The Alan Parsons Project ~ Eve

Last edited:
Got the following through a friend from Austria -

Berlin Philharmonic / Herbert Von Karajan / Richard Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra
VIenna Philharmonic / Herbert Von Karajan / Vivaldi - The Four Seasons
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Genesis - Foxtrot
Tanita Tikaram - Ancient Heart
Sade - Promise
Miles Davis' Greatest Hits

It would be a good idea to let others know where you picked up the records from...what say?

You vinyl guys are on a different trip! Enjoy..

George

hello earthling. your planet is indeed strange. it listens to music on round shiny discs but there's no music on them. we came, we listened, we went back to planet VI.

Berlin Philharmonic / Herbert Von Karajan / Richard Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra
VIenna Philharmonic / Herbert Von Karajan / Vivaldi - The Four Seasons

All I can say is Wow! These are superb albums. Two great orchestras, two great compositions, and one of the best conductors of all times!

Do you know Von Karajan used to lose his temper very often and always carried multiple batons as he used to break them on players' head very often?

Cheers

Last edited:
hello earthling. your planet is indeed strange. it listens to music on round shiny discs but there's no music on them. we came, we listened, we went back to planet VI.
:lol: Stevieboy. Please invite an earthling (myself) to planet VI, am looking to have best of all worlds going forward - CD, Digital and Vinyl.

Do you know Von Karajan used to lose his temper very often and always carried multiple batons as he used to break them on players' head very often?

Cheers

Wow...I had heard that he was eccentric but breaking batons on heads!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
I am new to the Forum, i just got the following
Diana Krall - Quiete Nights on Verve (180g)
G.S.Sachdev - Full Moon on Fortuna (Regular)
Joss Stone - Soul Sessions on EMI (180g)

well knowing just how lazy i am probably never :D

but planning to force myself to take measurements and put in the order by this weekend. vinyl was sounding quite dead when sachi came over then i placed the turntable on the acrylic cover of the garrard much better. can hear notes clearly fading away and the overall sound is lighter on its feet and more alive. there's still vibration on the acrylic so ought to improve with the sandbox.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back