Interference issue with Denon AVR 1910 and Hathway STB

KonfuSed

Hi All,
I've been noticing this issue for a long time but as it's not so disturbing I was not posting it. But nevertheless I thought I would pen it down.
Now, here is the issue, I'm connecting my STB to the SAT/CBL port of Denon at the RCA port. Now when I switch to source DVD (My BDP is connected to that source but that doesn't matter it seems) I can hear the audio from the Cable TV channel if it's switched on. It's very very low and I need to crank up the volume to hear it properly. The same happens if I switch to source iPod. If I switch to source TV (Xtreamer is connected here) or HDP (PS3) I don't hear any kind of interference. In fact there is even no noise at these sources(HDP,TV) but the other sources (DVD, DVR,iPod, CD, VCR) have loads of noises and if the STB is on then the noise from there. I don't know what is the issue here. Anyone have similar issues? Can someone please test with their Denon or any other receivers? I just want to know if these issue are only with my receiver or a common problem.
Following is the list of sources and issues,
Source------Connected to-------Noise
HDP---------PS3-----------------None
TV ---------Xtreamer------------None
DVD---------BDP-----------------STB on left channel (Noise if STB off)
iPod---------None----------------STB on right channel (Noise if STB off)
CD----------None----------------FM channel on left
VCR---------None----------------Noise
DVR---------DVDP----------------STB on both very low(Noise if STB off)

Any help in this regard will be really appreciated..

What are the cables that you are using to connect the different players to the receiver?

I suspect it could be due to poor shielding. Are you using a HDMI cable from both PS3 as well as BDP?

Mostly all of them are HDMI cables. PS3 and BDP are both HDMI's only. But if cable interference is the case then why even the FM radio audio is coming? Somehow I feel something is wrong with the receiver itself. :(

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back