iPad Accessories & Apps

andy78

Guys recently I got hold of iPad3 so wanted to check what all accessories that I need to buy. How about the Case and the Scratch guard and also any must have apps for the same.

I use a matt screen protector which has helped me many times and the Apple smart cover.

For applications, I suggest that you decide on your own depending on the reason why you purchased it.

I use my iPad for -
Browsing Internet on the go - Safari and Mail
Remote control for my music system - Music Fidelity controller and Linn Kinsky
Reading PDF books - Kindle app and Adobe PDF
For occasional chat - Skype
Finance and news - MoneyControl, NDTV, Safari
For jotting down and discussing ideas - PlainText, Bamboo paper, classic board
For documents on desktop and iPad - Dropbox, iKeePass.

IPad store has a lot to offer. Decide for yourself what you need.
If you bought the iPad without a purpose then enjoy your new toy.

Last edited:
If you have a folio case a screen protector is not required as the screen is made of glass with oleo phobic coating and quiet scratch resistant. I use a capdase folio case. You can buy a cck for using as a digital audio source and storage for pictures from your SLR. You can also buy a hdmi connector to connect to your HDTV. Update your iPad to iOS 6.

I bought the apple case and a screen protector. Both are vital as by now the screen would have got scratches due to my son.

The other useful stuff is the camera connection kit, esp. as it lets you transfer stuff without filling up space in the ipad.

For streaming, I bought Air video, streams and transcodes every format without any stutter and plays from my hard disk on my laptop.

My son is a month old so I am still immune to his destructive powers! lol. I am also using air video to watch video and moves over wifi.

Guys I had bought a new screen protector for my iPad3 which while applying on the iPad had created bubbles and while trying to remove those bubbles I got some scratches which I presume is on the scratch guard rather than iPad itself. Can someone suggest a good VFM Screen guard. Neither too expenisive nor too cheap. I found some costing Rs 200 to Rs 2k on ebay.
Will appreciate responses from you all.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back