iPad as VU meter

bornfi

I like to use my iPad as a VU meter/Spectrum analyzer in my music system. Since my DAC has a redundant pair of line out, can that be fed into iPad and together with some app on iPad, can I make iPad make part of my music system to display a nice VU meter/spectrum analyzer?

If I have understood your question correctly, I doubt that would work. What you are doing is sending two audio signals out from your DAC, one to the speakers and another to the iPad? Please correct me if I am wrong.

This can work in a few ways and there are many Spectrum analyzer apps out there - some require hardware to go with it that plugs in to your i-Devices and others do not.

You can use any of the spectrum analyzer apps (see the reviews), they will use your iPad's microphone to analyze the sound around. For the ones that require hardware, you might need to connect a calibrated measurement microphone to go with your iDevice's charging port.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back