Is external amplifier required?

SrikanthYadav

Hello All,

My room is small. 9.6ft width and 14.6feet length and listening distance is 8.4 feet from speakers. Currently using x2600h. May upgrade to AVR with preouts. But is external amp really beneficial?

I listen at about-6 to -10 db for normal 4K blu rays and for streaming I use 0db.

Thanks Guys.

Hello All,

My room is small. 9.6ft width and 14.6feet length and listening distance is 8.4 feet from speakers. Currently using x2600h. May upgrade to AVR with preouts. But is external amp really beneficial?

I listen at about-6 to -10 db for normal 4K blu rays and for streaming I use 0db.

Thanks Guy

Hello All,

Thanks Guys.
There is a definite improvement in dynamics, details and clarity.
Borrow and Try it out before purchase.

Hello All,

Thanks Guys.

I assume Audyssey has done conservative settings. You can manually increase the levels for each source upto 12. for now try to increase the same to 6-9 and see if it makes any difference.

Likewise increase the speaker levels 1db each and experiment and see if it helps. Keep in mind the power output of the avr and the speakers handling capacity.

Last resort, borrow a power amp and see if it makes a difference then invest in one.

I assume Audyssey has done conservative settings. You can manually increase the levels for each source upto 12. for now try to increase the same to 6-9 and see if it makes any difference.

Likewise increase the speaker levels 1db each and experiment and see if it helps. Keep in mind the power output of the avr and the speakers handling capacity.

Last resort, borrow a power amp and see if it makes a difference then invest in one.
Is it safe to increase the db of each speaker in levels?

Even with in the 9 feet we notice the difference?
yes. We can feel the difference. If you are going to buy new 7.2 avr then go with Maranz 5015 which has pre outs for seven chsnnels or any similar. which speakers you are using? If not immediately down the line you csn add power amp.

yes. We can feel the difference. If you are going to buy new 7.2 avr then go with Maranz 5015 which has pre outs for seven chsnnels or any similar. which speakers you are using? If not immediately down the line you csn add power amp.
Currently using Kef Q350 as LR Q650C as center Q50A surrounds and ceiling Polk rc60i

Currently using Kef Q350 as LR Q650C as center Q50A surrounds and ceiling Polk rc60i
May not be required unless you are just bored of the sound and want a different sound signature. I am using the Denon 2500 with KEF LS50 Meta speakers in a larger room but never feel the need to use power amps. If possible run the Denon in Direct/Pure Direct mode and see if you feel the difference. For stereo also I have not felt the need for external amps though at times I use a Rotel RA 10 which outputs 30-40 W per channel. If your Denon is working fine run it as much as possible unless you absolutely want to spend money on a new toy :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back