Is Rs 5,000 reasonable for a 1TB portable HDD?

Staxxx

This is advertised in the papers today. Dell brand. I need 1 TB and 2 TB external drives. Would have preferred Western Digital though as I have never had a problem with them.

Just in time!

How many of them do you want? Should they all be the same capacity? Are you trying to make a rack or RAID or something?

Just in time!

How many of them do you want? Should they all be the same capacity? Are you trying to make a rack or RAID or something?

certainly not RAID since the title clearly mentions that he is talking about portable HDD.

Btw to OP, is it Powered External or Without Power 2.5 inch Portable drive you are talking about?

No, just backing up my music that at the moment is on a few smaller drives.

I don't think I am going to need more external drives until the time comes to back up all the music that I am in the process of ripping on to the internal drives of my music server. The music server that I use currently has two 2 TB internal drives and I will probably need another two by the time I finish ripping all the CDs in my collection.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, at that point I will definitely need the help of an FM as the music server I have only takes two internal drives inside the box - which I have already in place. As mentioned above eventually I will need 4 x 2TB drives for my music. So will have to build a more comprehensive seamless storage system. The good thing is it does not play directly but off an SDD - so when building a playlist all the selected albums need to be copied from the storage drive to the SDD within this music server. A bit fiddly but worth it for the quality of the music.

Last edited:
This offer is for a 2.5 inch, USB 3.0. Seems to just come with an USB cable without power.

Last edited:
certainly not RAID since the title clearly mentions that he is talking about portable HDD.

My bad. Didin't pay attention to the title.

No, just backing up my music that at the moment is on a few smaller drives.

I don't think I am going to need more until the time comes to back up all the music that I am in the process of ripping. I have two 2 TB internal drives for this and will probably need another two more I think to back it all up.

However, I will also need the help of an FM soon enough as the music server I have only takes two internal drives - which I have already in use. And eventually I will need 4 2TB drives for my music. So will have to build a more comprehensive seamless storage system. The good thing is it does not play directly but off an SDD - so when building a playlist all the selected albums need to be copied from the storage drive to the SDD.

I have a spare 500 GB portable drive. I used it as a temporary solution for storing music. It wasn't enough so had to invest in a full scale NAS later. If it serves you any purpose, happy to give it to you.

For your requirement you should build a NAS, too. Much convenient in long run.

Dear Ranjeet
How super!! I would love to have the drive and must find a way to make it up to you many times over! You are very kind.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back