Is this right combination? Need advise...

civasankar

Hi all,

I'm very much new to this HiFi world...Now I'm looking for a "QUALITY" audio setup for my swift diesel car. Most of the time I listen to Kollywood and Bollywood filmi music mostly to Ilayaraja's and bit of Linkin Park, Hanna Montanna, Bryan Adams, Akon...After a bit of research I came up with below combination. Need your valuable advise and guidance in tweaking this setup...

HU: Alpine CDA-117
Sub: JL Audio 12W0v3
Mono amp to drive the sub: JL Audio XD600/1
4 channel amp: Thunder Elite 404 (TE404)
Component speaker: Focal 165-A1

It's purely based on your personal brand choice. The Focals are pretty and so is JL Audio, to me it looks like a good choice. Why not look at ID for the sub ?
However once again, listen to the components before you spend on them. There are umpteen options in the market and ICE is all about lows and mids.

I'm curious to know is there a component in my option which is more powerful than the rest and don't get along with other components?

What's your budget for the components civasankar ? There are umpteen brands and yeah lemme keep you informed, In Car Entertainment is like a bottomless pit.

Sorry man , couldn't respond earlier. Sometimes feels good to stay disconnected from the virtual world.1 Lakh is quite a good budget and check your PM. I recommend that you go to him and discuss. No con work an absolute straight forward guy and you can audition before you do the install.

Dont be disheartened when you listen to a few expensive components. Each one of them has their own sound signature when coupled with head units and amplifiers. Some sound good with rock, some with techno and house music.

So make sure you carry songs from all genre's and beyond that it's all tuning which is another 2-3 hours affair. I have been there and done that and ended up scratching my head for a couple of hours after my install was done :D.
Keep an open mind.

After talking to ICE experts, made change to my setup...

HU: Alpine CDA-117
Sub: JL Audio 12W0v3
Mono amp to drive the sub: JL Audio XD600/1 downgraded to JL Audio XD300/1
4 channel amp: MTX Thunder Elite 404 (TE404)
Component speaker: Focal 165-A1

Is it good to add a crossover (3 way active) to this setup?

rjstyles et al, where in Bangalore can one go to audition equipments like these? most of the places I checked do not have facility to audition unless you are lucky to be around when an installed car is at hand...

Depends on what brands you want to audition,not everyone stocks all brands.Focal, eFX, JBL.JLAudio, Diamond Audio,MB Quart and a few others can be auditioned at EVO, IndiraNagar.

Name of the contact person: Satya
Phone numbers: 4163 7236/ 98453 76094
Address: No.336, Near Sai Baba Temple, 1st Main, Cambridge Layout, Ulsoor, Bangalore - 560008
Landmarks / directions: It is opposite Ranka Corner Apartments on the one way when coming from Indiranagar to Cambridge layout.

Palani from Audio Planet stocks nakamichi and cerwin wega if I aint wrong.
Thouqeer from Auto Fusion also has a lot of brands stocked with him.

I cant guarantee that you will get an audition at these places for the brands that you are looking. No harm in trying give them a call and see if you can setup an appointment.

Disclaimer : I am in no ways associated with any of these places. Satya is very good friend and so is Thouqeer.

Back