issue with sony HDMI cable

tech_king_1

hi all,
i had purchased a sony PS3 and HDMI cable from Sony world koramangala in APril 2008. The HDMI cable is not working now ( the screen goes off and on very often). I thought may be my HDMI port in tv or ps3 is bad. But when i used my friends cable i was able to use it flawlessly. I paid 2800 Rs for the cable. Now should i give it a try to get it repaired in Sony service centre or can i purchase a new one.

Ya, its a faulty cable for sure. Is it more than 1.5 mts? Even I had a similar problem with a 3 mt wire. I found out that sometimes the longer wires do have problem, donno to how much extent that is correct, but even my video used to go of...

Thanks Rahul.
Even my friend has same thing. But the issue i had is i regularly remove the cable from my ps3 to put it to my media player or my PC.
My friend does not do it. He keeps it fixed.
Any way i thought i will rebuy the Sony DLC-HD30 High Speed HDMI costing Rs 2890. But my friend has adviced to try the panasonic HDMI cable costing Rs 999. I am worried that since i use PS3 gaming a lot, i do not know the performance of this Panasonic cable with ps3. So i will try this and update.

In case the forum folks have any updates or similar issue please do share.
Rs 2890 for a HDMI cable is a lot of money

I have used MX branded HDMI cable with my PS3 in the past and my friends are using same cables. Absolutely no issues.:).. 3k for a hdmi is toomuch...:mad:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back