Issue with Yamaha RX-V685

pranjandas

My Yamaha RXV685 is 4 months old. It was working fine till the last week or so. Now I am finding an issue with the AVR. While playing a content from HDD some movie, audio-video goes off for a second, the AVR does not gets shut down, just audio-video goes off for a second and then gets restored back on its own. During that one second network (wifi) icon also goes off from the AVR display, so the speaker configuration. HDMI input name remains there.

I have tried factory resetting the system to take care of a software issue but the problem persists. I am unable to figure out what could be the reason for this new AVR.

Its well within the warranty and take it to a service center but at first want to troubleshoot on my own with help from my fellow members here, may be there could a minor issue.

Please help.

Sudden spike or drop in input voltage could be a reason. While it is running normally, try switching on something that consumes a lot of energy; i.e- A.C or electric iron or microwave oven and see what happens.

Power problem. What speakers have you connected? Either speakers are sucking in too much power or your power is unstable.

Dear Amitkg & tuff, thanks a lot for your inputs. I always use an UPS (APC brand) for my TV, Projector, AVR for power requirements and never plug in these devices directly to power sockets given the fact power fluctuations may take a heavy toll on expensive electronic gadgets.

Speakers I am using: Taga Harmony B40 for fronts, Taga C-100 for center, Taga S-100 for surrounds and Taga SW-10 sub or dual subs (depending upon the content I am playing). I am not using banana plugs to connect the wires to the sockets, may be there could be a reason of accumulation of carbon at terminal points, that I shall get cleaned and reconnect the speaker wires both at the AVR terminals and the speakers.

Umm, then? Let me know please if the power issue still could be there.

I think, you recently changed to Yamaha AVR from Pioneer..

It was working fine till the last week or so. Now I am finding an issue with the AVR. While playing a content from HDD some movie, audio-video goes off for a second, the AVR does not gets shut down, just audio-video goes off for a second and then gets restored back on its own. During that one second network (wifi) icon also goes off from the AVR display, so the speaker configuration. HDMI input name remains there.

This looks like an issue with AVR.. Anyways, have you tried connecting to TV / Projector from blu ray player just to rule out the issue from source..

I am not using banana plugs to connect the wires to the sockets, may be there could be a reason of accumulation of carbon at terminal points, that I shall get cleaned and reconnect the speaker wires both at the AVR terminals and the speakers.

I recollect you had an issue with Pioneer AVR before this, possibly due to bare wires on the speakers & AVR.. Suggest you to use Banana plugs to avoid this issue..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back