JBL Control One Bookshelf Speaker @ 5294 | MRP: 8999

.and v clever and cunning deal..as if to trick people .. the speaker name has "One" in it and hence some may not notice that the price for one speaker only.

If you see almost all the speaker deals on snapdeal has the price listed for a single speaker which they mention in the details section rather than on the main heading. Example Cerwin wega, JBL etc.,

Hint: Usually studio monitors/speakers are also sold as single piece. This had happened to me once when I was checking price for Genelec speakers :)

69.95 for a pair at Richer Sounds in UK and, courtesy of google, several other British hifi outlets. Amazon.uk too.

It really is called the "Control One." I don't think that this indicates that it is usually sold in "ones." What Rohitmusic says about studio monitors is certainly true, and is a nasty gotcha when one first gets interested in them but
manniraj said:
almost all the speaker deals on snapdeal has the price listed for a single speaker which they mention in the details section rather than on the main heading.
That certainly doesn't apply for hifi speakers, and that looks like a mean trick to catch the buyers eye.

What snapdeal don't realise is that if you catch the eye, then disappoint the potential customer, they not only don't buy that item, but they may never come back. Stupid snapdeal.

A cheap toy for Rs 5000.

what do u mean by cheap toy?

By the way in itself at agood price these are fantastic speakers . and outside the real world of HIFIVISION these are extremely popular speakers .these are bass heavy for it's size and that is what real world prefers. and plastiic shells are extremely durable. so you see these in many mobile studies as well as restaurants , establishments etc.

This seems to be extreme VFM if they sound anywhere like the Control One.

Totally agree here! I had the opportunity to hear this speaker mated to a T-amp at an FM's place in Delhi. Wonderful sound with more than sufficient bass! It was difficult to fathom as to how these small units could come up with such high resolution lows. 'Full' Thumbs up for the powered Control Ones.

This seems to be extreme VFM if they sound anywhere like the Control One.

+1 to that it's a treat to listen to JBL Control One monitors high VFM factor.

Slightly off topic:
I dont know any other threads on this; I'm curious what the consensus is around here on symmetrical vs. mirror-imaged speakers. JBL one has identical mid and high speaker placement. When the sound fields are not symmetrical will the pans be right and will there be two sweet spots?:confused:

I just get the feeling that mirror-imaging is not really-necessary in order to build a great-sounding speaker. But a lot of people favor m.i design so maybe there really is something to it. I honestly-don't know WHAT the story is, so that's why I brought it up.

I hadn't noticed. I'd expect that the speakers should be mirror-image (my Castles are) and this is a good reason that they should be sold in pairs.

Maybe for a low cost speaker the manufacturers just don't bother.

I would find it visually uncomfortable, and that, of course, would predispose me to find fault with the sound. For desktop, nearfield, use, that fault might be real.

But if I had just bought them at the UK price of around 70/pair, I'd probably just keep the covers on and forget it.

Back