Jollida Tube DAC

Have not heard this one. BTW what do you mean by lab test? Ask for an home audition before you buy. Also I am not a fan of Tube output stage in DACs, if you want tubey sound better have it in the preamp.

BTW what do you mean by lab test? Ask for an home audition before you buy.
Jolida is not Cadence brand, they do sell their CDP and Amp... they recently entered in DAC market and dont want to go wrong hence they did certain test in their factory (long hours play, pairing with different setup etc)
Well DAC was with me for 2 days home audition.,.,.,. I like it but really don't have any other DAC to compare

Also I am not a fan of Tube output stage in DACs, if you want tube sound better have it in the preamp.
I'm really not aware of it... however I do have Tube output stage in preAmp (Vincent Integrated) So should I consider any other non-Tube DAC?

Thank you,
~VijayK

Hi Vijay,
see my reply in blue text below...

.... I like it but really don't have any other DAC to compare
I am not sure if PC based Asus xonar ST soundcard would interest you, however if you are... you may PM me to audition the same. I am from Pune.

I'm really not aware of it... however I do have Tube output stage in preAmp (Vincent Integrated) So should I consider any other non-Tube DAC?
I think it may be general perception that Tube based DAC would have rolled-of highs and passing the same thru tube-preamp would result in dull sound. But it can't be considered a rule. A good Tube output stage in DAC should go well with a good tube-preamp. As usual, let your ears take the final decision.

Thank you,
~VijayK

I'm curious to know, why so?

I would want by source to be neutral. And its easier to get good results from a discrete output stage being driven in class A then implementing a neutral tube based output stage. There are ofcourse well implemented DACs/CDplayers with tube output stage (e.g. Consonance Droplet) but they are expensive.

Jolida is not Cadence brand, they do sell their CDP and Amp... they recently entered in DAC market and dont want to go wrong hence they did certain test in their factory (long hours play, pairing with different setup etc)
Well DAC was with me for 2 days home audition.,.,.,. I like it but really don't have any other DAC to compare

Thank you,
~VijayK

I also have a hybrid Jolida amplifier and kind of like it. However sourcing good
preamp 12AX7 tubes have been difficult and they don't last as long as advertised. I have not asked around but I think there aren't many good DACs available in the 30-50K range in Pune. If you travel to US specifically to california then there are some good options available there.

>> Channel Islands Audio VDA 2 DAC ($600)
>> Monarchy Audio - 22C ($1500)
>> Parasound DAC-1100HD - Discontinued. So find out if available used.

Other than that there are some good DACs available that can be bought online.
>> Audio Sector premium NOS (TDA1543) ($300)
>> Citypulse DAC (380)
>> Pico DAC ($360)

And if you want to DIY there is the Buffalo - II DAC and many other options.
However an issue with using external DAC if using SPDIF input is that the digital source should have low jitter otherwise you are not going to get optimum results but this does not strictly apply to DACs which do reclocking internally like the Buffalo -II.

I would want by source to be neutral. And its easier to get good results from a discrete output stage being driven in class A then implementing a neutral tube based output stage. There are ofcourse well implemented DACs/CDplayers with tube output stage (e.g. Consonance Droplet) but they are expensive.

A well designed tube output stage sounds incredible. I moved from a maxed out Peter Daniel DAC to an Ayon CD-1s. The former is a passive resistor ladder while the latter has tubes.

Let me tell you the difference between the Peter Daniel and the Ayon is *massive* and there's not a hint of tube sound in the Ayon. It is as neutral a source as I've heard.

Ayon cd1s dac s superb. Having used behringer deq2496 i could say it is definitely better and the best it is tube based. I have come across dac magic and some other at this range. But i found behringer was in comparable until i started using ayon cd1s

A well designed tube output stage sounds incredible. I moved from a maxed out Peter Daniel DAC to an Ayon CD-1s. The former is a passive resistor ladder while the latter has tubes.

Let me tell you the difference between the Peter Daniel and the Ayon is *massive* and there's not a hint of tube sound in the Ayon. It is as neutral a source as I've heard.

How much did Ayon CD-1 cost you? I have seen it being discussed a lot here. Good tube gear is pricey. You have a Lyrita Pre mentioned in your sig, how long do the tubes last and where do you source tubes from?

How much did Ayon CD-1 cost you? I have seen it being discussed a lot here. Good tube gear is pricey. You have a Lyrita Pre mentioned in your sig, how long do the tubes last and where do you source tubes from?

A new CD-1s is roughly around 150K+VAT. I'm not exactly sure - Sridhar of ARN Systems is the best guy to tell the exact price currently.

Mine is a mint preowned player and hence significantly lower.

Preamp tubes last forever. I replaced mine around 3-4 months after getting the player and it is still going strong (2+ years).

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back