Kef ls50 making me sad.

Wiseben

Hey.
i bought this week Kef ls50 after i had BW 685.
I didnt notice quite a difference, Im using Denon AVH-X3000 as a reciever.
Well ofc the Kef sounds more clean and sharp, but I dunnow, seems simillar to the previous i had, the 685.
This is the TEMPORARY room im using my speakers, in next month im moving out.
I know its not the best place, but still, the sound is nice but not quite as i expected.
Any ideas?
cdmhmznmy41m.jpeg

Thank you!

Much of what you're hearing is the room, so changing speakers wasn't going to make much difference anyway.

When you move, see if you can place them symmetrically in relation to the side walls.

Nice speakers. You gotta feed more and better to these babies. These like quality amplification. Also, get some stands. Any stand will be an improvement over the current position. You need them at least 10-12 inch higher.

Another thought. Get some flat cables and try placing the speakers on the other side of the opening, to get better soundstage.

Close both the doors at the back and play with the placement of speakers, Perhaps move them a bit towards the wall to see whether wall helps or worsens the the sort of sound u are expecting

They need better amplifier. I was using them with NAD 356BEE but was not hppy with their performance. Now I am using Primaire I30 and the difference is night and day. They also need decent stands to sound their best.

as said by so many above, what you are hearing is not the speaker but eh amplifier which is the bottleneck. try to place them in a better/more stable base.

..quoting the oft repeated cliche

it is equivalent to running a BMW with an engine of a ambassador and tyres of a maruti :) - exaggerated and not the same context..but must give you an idea. impact of walls might not be that high with the current scenario

For the moment please try using another wodden stool like one on your left channel to change the presentation till you purchanse real ones.. Give them the reinforcement of back wall if its the bass thats dissappointing you.

Cheers
Ravi

I also bought a set of LS50. Great speakers but probably need a good quality sub for lower end. A sub with not too much volume but fast. Most likely a sealed design and not ported one. Sunfire HRS series comes to mind with 1000 watt amplifier. Anyone has an experience with that sub with LS50.

KEF LS50 OMG....RICH BOY AT SUCH A POOR SITUATION.....

Dont take me wrong sir.......but this is NOT the set up they are born for....thumb rule is 50:50 /// Speaker:Amp IMHO

Give them what they deserve to shine like crown jewel !!

You got the one of the best bookshelf of the current time period ...So dont worry :))

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back