Kindle fire 8 and amazon India

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

Hi guys,

I bought a kindle fire 8 for kids edition from the US. Basically I wanted to give it to my lil one who is 4 years old. It’s a tablet especially designed for kids. Now when I’m trying to configure it, it automatically takes my amazon India account. With the india account, the amazon free time is only available in the US. So basically this is a useless tablet for me if I can’t use the amazon kids.

Is there any way to use this lovely tab? Basically it’s not letting my Indian amazon account setup a child’s account. Feeling really sad.

Thanks.

Try the below steps to change the country to US and see if it helps

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices and click the Settings tab.
  2. Under Country Settings, click Change.
  3. Select or enter your address, and then click Update.
  4. If you are eligible to purchase digital content from another Amazon website, follow the onscreen prompts to learn more about what will happen if you transfer accounts.
  5. When you're ready, select the option to transfer your account to complete the process.

Thanks. I didn’t quite get that. U mean I shud give an address in the US?

I have both the 8 and 10. Had 8 first and was pretty impressed but after I got my 10....well 8 looks small and bad :)

Well I dont access Amazon - India or US...hence didnt care much. My kid watched couple of youtube video and installed play store. Overall I am pretty impressed by both the tablets. way better than the crappy tablets currently on sale in India for less than 10K.

I infact bought more than one Fire 8..cost me 3k each in US during prime day sale..managed to sell the excess on olx for 8K!!! some profit that. I also have an extra 10 that i have put on sale.

So any of you in need of a tablet..definitely get them during prime day sale or black friday type sales in US for dirt cheap prices. Well worth it.

Apologize for not directly answering your question :) but I guess having play store on it should be good enough for kids.

Yes. Basically you will be changing the default country to US and will be transferring kindle store to US.

I tried that. All it did was like u said. Changed it to us store. Still can't access fire kids.

Doesn't matter, it still recognizes my account as an Indian account so even a vpn isnt helping.

Back