Kinivo BTH240 - Excellent VFM Bluetooth Headset

madbullram

My Sony phone headphones broke, I was looking for a convenient Bluetooth solution to use at office. I used to have a Moto S9 which was really good so was looking similar option.

My list of options came to:
Nokia BH-503 - 1500 rs (Indiatimes)
Nokia BH-505 3000 rs (Flipkart)
Kinivo BTH-240 - 1649 rs (Amazon)

I have used Nokia for a week was not overly impressed with it so wanted to try the Kinivo this time and Amazon.com feedback was positive, so wanted to check with them on if its compatible with my phone so it can do the dual duty of headset, they not only replied back but also provided me with a headset for review.

Quick Summary:

71NsnZS-SaL._SL1500_.jpg

Good things:
Well balanced headphones
Connects and remembers quickly with the previous connected headphones
Worked well with my Android and iPod
Good build quality (dropped it 3 times)
Good Bluetooth coverage
Good voice quality

Can Improve:
Bass is weak
Little life in mid
Ear cushion seems cheap and wont last if you use in a gym
The Kinivo logo is confusing as an On/Off button

Ratings:
Build Quality Rating: 3.5/5
Design: 3.5/5
As a Bluetooth headphone: 4/5
As a Bluetooth headset: 3.5/5
Value for Money : 5/5

Overall Rating upto 2500 rs price point: 4/5

Product Info:
Kinivo BTH240 Bluetooth Stereo Headphone - Supports Wireless Music Streaming and Hands-Free calling : Music

Detailed Review

Songs used:
Aaromale Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa
Mun dinam Vaarnam Aayiram
Aaha Kaadhal Moondru Per Moondru Kadal
Mahaganapatim Jam Morning Raaga
Shukran Arigato Rock the Tabla
La Danse Du Bonheur A Handful of Beauty : Shakti with John McLaughlin
Paganini Caprice Conversations by Stephane Grappelli, L. Subramaniam

Build Quality & Design:
When I first used it I was so worried that I will break it. But to my surprise it had survived 2 weeks of abuse and still going strong. The design makes it easier to fold it and neatly tuck it in a pouch! Thats very handy, but I use a Spectacle box for it as its more safer in my laptop bag that way.

The plastic look nice and does not look cheap!!! Once during my usage the wires did come out from the arm, but was not an issue. AND I am so happy they use the defact-o USB port that comes in all android now. I dont have to run around looking for charger every time I travel!The only gripe I have is the cushions, they seem to be cheap and poor and wont last 3 months on normal usage leave alone gymming or running!

If you are wearing spectacles like me, you need to adjust them right to get a good fit as they cup your ears. Also, with the band its difficult to sleep or rest on a recliner for long as it get uncomfy. But they look very nice and I love the all black look of it.

Build Quality Rating: 3.5/5
Design: 3.5/5

As a Headphone:
The BTH is very good for its price point and definitely better than Nokia and others. Of course, this cannot be compared to the more expensive corded headphones but at its price it holds its candles. The vocals are nice and balanced. The high is not irritating, have been using them for around 8 hrs now without fatigue and thats show its a balanced one. However, its a little bass shy, may be my ATH has spoiled me enough but I think bass is one department which its weak at. Having said that I loved the guitar in Aaromale though it lacked a bit life compared to ATH M50.

Rating:
As a Bluetooth headphone: 4/5
Compared to Nokia : 5/5
Compared to ATH M50 : 3/5

As a Headset:
Conversations are clear and does not sound robotic as some headphones do. They are as good as your normal headphones. They paired well and I could walk around one room without being dropped which is good enough range.
But they pickup noise in open and I would have loved a noise cancelling microphone built into this one. But for the price, thats a compromise you have to make.

71HymxNEe5L._SL1500_.jpg

Rating:
As a Bluetooth headset: 3.5/5
Compared to Nokia : 4/5

Amazon link:
Buy Kinivo BTH240 Bluetooth Stereo Headphone - Supports Wireless Music Streaming and Hands-Free calling Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Update in Dec: I am amazed by the battery backup. I was travelling and after 30 days switched on the headset and it went on for almost 5 hrs and has not lost charge. Pretty impressed.

I am also searching a good BT headphone and zeroed on sony 10RBT. I have one concern whether it is comfortable to wear on warm weather..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back