Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System

travel_living

Hi,

I am looking to buy Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System. Please advice where to buy in India.

Regards

Your location blru , if its bangalore in long form , you may want to check with local klipsch store in Lavelle Road.

You can try Global Easy Buy on ebay. I've ordered a set for myself, and looks like it would ship in a week or so. However, keep in mind that GEB is a hit or miss affair. I've tried a few times on previous occasions, and they just cancelled the order because they weren't getting a good margin on it. So, if you are lucky, you might just be able to get one. I bought it for 6.5k on GEB, and if I get it without any glitches, it would be a pretty good deal. Of course, an isolation transformer which can supply 250W power would cost another 1.5k or so.

For example,
http://orders.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI....earch&qwd=klipsch+promedia&cid=-1&qbtn=Search

PS: All these are open boxes/store models etc. There won't be any warranty/support. Also, there is a conspicuously large number of open boxes on ebay. So, I'm not particularly sure about the reliability of these speakers. The promedias were notorious for bad DIN plug design, but they might have fixed it it newer models. On the other hand, even if you buy from an authorized Klipsch store, I doubt if support/warranty is a practical option in India. For a comparable option, you can check out the audioengine A2's. They would cost pretty much the same, you can personally audition them, and you would get warranty/support in India.

Last edited:
You can try Global Easy Buy on ebay. I've ordered a set for myself, and looks like it would ship in a week or so. However, keep in mind that GEB is a hit or miss affair. I've tried a few times on previous occasions, and they just cancelled the order because they weren't getting a good margin on it. So, if you are lucky, you might just be able to get one. I bought it for 6.5k on GEB, and if I get it without any glitches, it would be a pretty good deal. Of course, an isolation transformer which can supply 250W power would cost another 1.5k or so.

For example,
Global Easy Buy

Did you purchase GMX or THX version. GMX are cheaper one.

THX. The new ones retail for $150 in the US. They cost about $100 on ebay US (open box/returns etc.). So if you buy them through GEB in India, they would still cost you around $150. Besides, I don't think they make the GMX ones any more. So whatever you see on the net is THX. The GMX ones look different too. So you'll be able to make out from the pictures.

Last edited:
@ Prasun.gera - Did you finally receive the ProMedia 2.1s? Were they in good condition? Coz I'm about to buy them, just wanted to confirm the GEB option to minimize the chances of getting one with defects.

Also, any idea where I can get the Promedia 2.1 Wireless? They aren't showing up on GEB. I'm from bbay but shipping from somewhere else isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back