Krell KSA 50 or 100 pure A

gee_john

Anybody with experience with the old Krell KSA 50 or 100, pure class A amplifiers ? How do they sound? How do they compare to modern amps ?

I used to have Gryphon Audio Design - Denmark
in the past, they we nice products. Pure Class A

The Gryphon Adagio CD Player [Serial # 0401111]
The Gryphon Sonata Allegro Pre Amplifier [Serial # 8890099]
The Gryphon Antilion Stereo Signature Power Amplifier [Serial # 118]

Now I use an Accuphase 30 Watter pure integrated amplifier.
I also use a 845 tube Class A Power Amplifier - made in India - Cadence Canasya.

I am sorry, but I do not have experience with Krell @ home.
Have heard several Krell products over the years & have high regard for them.

I used to have the Krell 50 power amp, years and years ago. I cannot remember the pre-amp. I only remember that when I changed the combo, it was because it was a little to forward and sharp for me as my audio tastes developed. However, this amp has always been known for great bass and soundstaging. Pick it up, if you can get it at a good price. I think the earlier Krells were possibly better imho than the ones I heard in the 1990s and early 2000s, when the sound signature became a little too generic and "American", and not to my taste.

The older gen of Krell generally sound better, firmer and and warmth than the newer models that are more forward and sharper, and digital.

My experience shows that Krell sounds far better with its tubey front end that corrects its digitality - a marriage that provides better image visualization and imaging.

A viola must not sound like violin.

sidney

The older ksa amps are good. The fpb series is good too. But personally I feel even a more modern Bryston is as good if not better....

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back