LA4C550 vs KLV-40EX400

VOiLA

My mom is going to buy a TV for herself. So please suggest which one is a better 40 incher.

Samsung plays movies through USB now ?

Thanks

Well both have similar performance,from the brief comparision i did with the usual custom settings,they are quite even,if anything the particular samsung model* that i checked had a whisker better blacks,but the sony had a whisker better shadow details .Pausing the animated movie monsters dvd the EX400 shows fine detail in hair/fur a slightly better.

Didn't check the usb playback.
The EX400 is a steal @ 45k price in ebay.in & grey market.

*samsung lcd come with upto 3 different panels so the contrast,viewing angle,response time all vary depending on what type of panel one gets.

Already bought the samsung for 56k. Can you tell me how to check the panel ?
Thanks for the suggestion.

Do google search for samsung panel lottery or samsung lcd S,A,C panel,you will get the info you need.

Samsung does not play mkv via USB. Just tried a 720p mkv.

VOiLA, just checked the Samsung C550's manual. It says it does support MKVs provided the codecs are within certain limits. Snapshot of the relevant page (27) of the manual is attached herewith. Please check if the file you are trying to play is within these specs.

Attachments

• Supported Formats.jpg
    Supported Formats.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 80
VOiLA, just checked the Samsung C550's manual. It says it does support MKVs provided the codecs are within certain limits. Snapshot of the relevant page (27) of the manual is attached herewith. Please check if the file you are trying to play is within these specs.

ok ! another mkv worked. but not getting subtitles option
any idea on how to turn subs on ?

thanks

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back