Lakozy (Delhi) - after sales service feedback

Shivam

Recently I faced a minor technical problem with a cd player that I had bought from Lakozy (Delhi) and I had to send it back for servicing / repair. The events that followed to the final solution that I got, prompted me to write this feedback showing the high quality of service provided to me.

The CD player used to switch off on its own every once in a while. Initially I thought it to be a power supply issue and after cross checking that I realised it to be problem with the player. I called up Mr. Ashish of Lakozy. He suggested that it would be better to send the player back to him. I was supposed to leave India for a few weeks and so I carried the player with me to Delhi. The day when I was in Delhi was a holiday for his showroom. However Mr. Ashish was kind enough to send an employee of his to collect the player from me from the hotel where I was put up. This was the first indication that I got about the high quality of service that I could have expected from him.

I left the same night. Mr. Ashish kept me updated about the progress of the player by email. There was a defective IC that was replaced. I later planned with him to pick the player back on my way back. Around the time when I landed at Delhi, I got a shocking news. I was told by him that during the transportation of the player from the service centre to his office in Delhi, the CD player got damaged and the display was broken. The glass pieces were scattered in the box. However he said that everything will be fine and he then promised to send me another new player of the same model.

This model reached my home through courier after a few days and opening I found it to be not exactly new. I conveyed the same information to Mr. Ashish and he said that he had not seen the player himself and therefore promised me to send yet another new player.

I then wrote to him that if the same player was not available, I was ready to opt for another higher model and pay the difference. I was given a few choices and I chose one of those players. This time a person from Delhi came to me in person and installed the player at my home and took the other player back with him.

This is one of the best service that I have ever got for any electronic equipment. Excellent commitment from Mr. Ashish.

One more thing that needs to be included here. The present player which I have got is a demo piece and in no way looks like a demo piece. He could have quoted the price as new model and I would have believed him but he quoted the player as demo. I am impressed by his ethics and service provided. A lot of roadblocks came in the way but he found a way to help me out. :clapping:

Well, I can vouch for Ashish's commitment and integrity....I have been looking for a digital playback solution for sometime now and Ashish was kind enough to drop the NAD M1 DAC to my place and asked me to listen to it for a week ..... I kept the DAC for 10 days and then returned it to him without any questions asked....I still have not found my solution but I got to listen to the DAC in my system at my home with absolutely no obligation to buy it......
Great guy to deal with ...also being an audiophile himself having bought and sold a ton of equipment before venturing into the hifi business gives him an insight into what the consumers actually want and he services customers as he would have liked himself to be serviced as an audiophile.....

It is nice to read a positive review for a change. :) Generally reviews are -ve.

Generally after sales service experiences are negative or not so great and not worthy of a review but this incident was different and so I felt it better to write this down.

Back