Larry Goldings Quartet-Jazz

GeorgeO

Has any one heard his music?

I heard some of his music recently( a track called The Wedding and another one called Dario and Bario and just loved it-plan to buy a CD or two off Amazon when I am in the US next month. He is rated as one of the best jazz organists/key board players. There is a sax, a guitar and drums in addition to Goldings.

Sample his music here: THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE of LARRY GOLDINGS

Cheers

George

Got 3 CDs from the US, one is Larry Goldings ,Quartet-outstanding . The other two are Pamela Willams, Saxtress, also good and a third one is Candy Dulfer, Candy Store-need to listen to it.

George

Pamela Williams and Candy Dulfer are the typical smooth jazz saxophonists. They have a couple of good numbers between them but you would not be able to distinguish between the two if blindfolded unlike Chris Botti or Dave Koz whom you could identify. For background smooth Jazz , they both play nice music........

Larry Goldings is certainly one of the most outstanding contemporary organ players. But even his piano works are very good as it can be heard on his CD Awareness. On organ he plays firey like Jimmy Smith and laid back and spacy like Larry Young together. One of his greatest works I have heard is on John Scofield's tribute CD to Ray Charles "That's what I say". Listen to the opener "Busted", the organ work is just sensational.
For those who are interested in contemporary organ players just listen also to Joey deFrancesco who plays in the tradition of Jimmy Smith, and then there is a lady from Germany who has settled in New York. Barbara Dennerlein has again, like Goldings, something of both the big two: Smith and Young.

Regards,
Jochen

Last edited:
I have one of Barbara Dennerlein's albums, Take Off and find her organ music is also very good. Thanks for any more recommendations. Larry Golding's piece , The Wedding was something that I enjoyed A listening to, on this CD.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back