LCD/LED SONY ! Help Decide

maxpayne

Hi All,
First of all I would like to thank all the members of this interesting forum which has made my buying a TV experience a memorable and exciting one.
This is my first post and also the first time hands on with the biggest grey market of North India "Gaffar Market"
I went to grey market yesterday for the very first time as I really wanted to think out of the box then getting played a fool by these so called showroom guys which take a week to delivery and then deliver faulty or used demo pieces.

I was having a bit of nerves at the beginning , but then I was very confident in the approach I used and was able to get a quote of all the latest model of LCD/LEDs and I am posting them below :
Hope this helps some people.
32" (Sony)
32CX520 - LCD - Rs. 27500
32EX420 - LED - Rs. 31000
32EX520 -LED - Rs. 37500

32" (samsung)
D5000PM -LED- Rs. 32000

40"
40CX520 - LCD - Rs. 37000
40EX520 - LED,Internet - Rs. 51000

Samsung (40")

Smart TV D5500 -Series 5 - Rs. 43000

Now after doing all this research there were a few things I noticed:
1. Nobody was buying LG or Panasonic.It was Sony and Samsung selling like hotcakes.I saw this trend in 4-5 shops especially Singh electronics ,Varun Electronics etc all these shops are located in MCD market just at the beginning of Gaffar market.
2. I used to think it will be some risk buying TV's like and not many pple wud do this....But I was fully amazed as people were coming in buying TV's for 40k,50k n above and completing the deal in 5 min and TV delivered hand to hand factory sealed with proper testing.I can easily say in my visit for almost 3-4 hours, I saw approx 50-60 deals closed in 2 hours per shop.

I would request you all to please contribute your suggestions for the following queries :
1. There seems to be larger difference in price for samsung 40" and sony...I wonder why is that ? Is it because of the Samsung panel which is cheaper ?Can someone please clarify that ??
2. Also, Can anyone please post the showroom prices of these TV models I have posted so that I can see how much difference of money is dere to get a set from the grey market ?
3. I would like to thank all the people who made me believe here that grey market is not that bad of an option and I now truly believe if you buy sensibly and smartly, You will end up getting a good deal for sure.After all thousands of pple spending crazy money on TV's from grey market , can't all be wrong.
4. Lastly, Can someone please suggest 1366x768 resolution is good enough for a 32" TV. I know full HD means nothing for 32" inch as you will never be able to see it.My head seems to be bending towards the 32EX420...I am just worried the resolution 1366x768 may not be enough for this set ?
Please suggest.

Many thanks to all :)
Max

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back