Leap into oblivion - Partly Dedicated Room

Having heard @fLUX 's setup, all I can say is that this is the most detailed setup I have ever heard in a good way. You would be forgiven if you think it is a smooth, wooly, laid back sound due to so many tubes. However this is exactly the opposite - it throws out detail in an incredibly smooth manner where at the sweet spot, you would be hearing tonnes of things happening but you would never get fatigued. I have heard a lot of detailed setups where listening fatigue sets in almost instantly. Not this one - the presence of tubes makes it really enjoyable.

This is what really high end amplification does to a system.
Thanks Soumya for the impressions.

If I may add on my personal impressions at a component level for some of the lesser literature/known compoments in the chain

i) The Melody P2688 is by far the best preamp I have owned & was love at first hear during the home audition. Having owned the KR Audio p130 and Cary Audio SLP03 , the melody far outweighed the other two in my setup & paired beautifully with the Cary ( it's designed to also be paired with the Melody 845 power amps)

ii) The Cary Audios are just top notch & do exactly what you mentioned when paired with the right pre. Need to get a 845 tube to see what it brings to the table vs a 211. Else it's pretty much an endgame amp for me , at 50-70wpc it's ample power for most speakers in a room of my size.

iii) Thanks to a friend of mine I was made aware of an Audial Aya 5 available in US market & I picked it up. The love for this TDA1541A based dac has only increased since then. While the mids are an absolute treat , the way it stages & the top end resolution is just excellent.

The culmination of the above has helped me achieve the most on the source & amplification part. The Tannoys do a fair job on the reproduction part too & the Proac Tablettes are a good complement to the Tannoy.

Thanks Soumya for the impressions.

If I may add on my personal impressions at a component level for some of the lesser literature/known compoments in the chain

i) The Melody P2688 is by far the best preamp I have owned & was love at first hear during the home audition. Having owned the KR Audio p130 and Cary Audio SLP03 , the melody far outweighed the other two in my setup & paired beautifully with the Cary ( it's designed to also be paired with the Melody 845 power amps)

ii) The Cary Audios are just top notch & do exactly what you mentioned when paired with the right pre. Need to get a 845 tube to see what it brings to the table vs a 211. Else it's pretty much an endgame amp for me , at 50-70wpc it's ample power for most speakers in a room of my size.

iii) Thanks to a friend of mine I was made aware of an Audial Aya 5 available in US market & I picked it up. The love for this TDA1541A based dac has only increased since then. While the mids are an absolute treat , the way it stages & the top end resolution is just excellent.

The culmination of the above has helped me achieve the most on the source & amplification part. The Tannoys do a fair job on the reproduction part too & the Proac Tablettes are a good complement to the Tannoy.
Maybe I missed it somewhere - but what are your current sources?

So about a couple of months back I let go of the Proac and picked up an Audiovector SR1 Arette & have been just spellbound by these little beauties. Had an audition with no intention of upgrading & found myself scurrying around to get the upgrade done.

Some pictures of these beauties . 20240225_191838.jpg20240225_193116.jpg

So about a couple of months back I let go of the Proac and picked up an Audiovector SR1 Arette & have been just spellbound by these little beauties. Had an audition with no intention of upgrading & found myself scurrying around to get the upgrade done.

Some pictures of these beauties . View attachment 83747View attachment 83746
Lovely finish :)

I think the Arette is their flagship model, and has options for external grounding too, if Iam not mistaken. Not to mention the cryoed crossover :)

Enjoy :D

Lovely finish :)

I think the Arette is their flagship model, and has options for external grounding too, if Iam not mistaken. Not to mention the cryoed crossover :)

Enjoy :D

Yup, Arette is their flagship.offfering along each lineup. This is the SR1 which does not come.with freedom grounding else quiet similar to the later release of R1.

camera and lens?
sorry for the bad manners
😁
It's a phone camera, Samsung Galaxy s23 series :)

I have heard some Audiovector BS - a friend owns - not sure if this is it, but they are indeed brilliant. If & when I upgrade my HT & do not go the complete active route, Audiovectors BS are very high on my list.

Good one - enjoy.

Congrats! This is a fantastic speaker - got to hear it at Sukant's place. Never in your face but very detailed/revealing and at the same time has a very easy going nature. Produces quite a lot of bass for its diminutive size and looks like it is very easy to drive too.

I have heard some Audiovector BS - a friend owns - not sure if this is it, but they are indeed brilliant. If & when I upgrade my HT & do not go the complete active route, Audiovectors BS are very high on my list.

Good one - enjoy.
Thanks Chander, will be either QR or the SR/R series. I have the QR center for HT duties.

Congrats! This is a fantastic speaker - got to hear it at Sukant's place. Never in your face but very detailed/revealing and at the same time has a very easy going nature. Produces quite a lot of bass for its diminutive size and looks like it is very easy to drive too.
Thanks Soumya

Yup, Arette is their flagship.offfering along each lineup. This is the SR1 which does not come.with freedom grounding else quiet similar to the later release of R1.

It's a phone camera, Samsung Galaxy s23 series :)
nice pics 👍🏻👍🏻

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back