LED Projectors: Availability.

Subcenter2009

Dear Friends,
I recently read that projectors lit by a powerful LED source rather than Halogen lamps are entering the market. They also seemed very very expensive. But they offer 10 times the lamp life than a Halogen bulb based projector.:yahoo: So, are any of you aware of such pjs entering the market and if so.. what will be its price? I am only interested in well known brands. Also please share if they have any setup tool that is a novelty.

BTW, Vistors to Escape cinemas in the Express Avenue mall at Royapettah, Chennai need only look up while standing in the theater lounge to see the projectors mounted near the ceiling in the public area itself. They shine through a small window in the wall into the movie hall. There seem to be no dedicated projection rooms. 1 notable thing is that the pj cannot be accessed in the event of some emergency. So, maybe, I thought, the projectors dont require regular maintenance.. Hence, I wonder if these exposed projectors could be in fact.. LED pjs.. Hence requiring minimum maintenance.

It would be nice if the reputed members could throw more light on the topic of LED projectors and help would be buyers..:signthankspin:

Thank you,
Yours,
Subcenter2009
29 July, 2011

Last edited:
Dear Friends,
I recently read that projectors lit by a powerful LED source rather than Halogen lamps are entering the market. They also seemed very very expensive. But they offer 10 times the lamp life than a Halogen bulb based projector.:yahoo: So, are any of you aware of such pjs entering the market and if so.. what will be its price? I am only interested in well known brands. Also please share if they have any setup tool that is a novelty.

BTW, Vistors to Escape cinemas in the Express Avenue mall at Royapettah, Chennai need only look up while standing in the theater lounge to see the projectors mounted near the ceiling in the public area itself. They shine through a small window in the wall into the movie hall. There seem to be no dedicated projection rooms. 1 notable thing is that the pj cannot be accessed in the event of some emergency. So, maybe, I thought, the projectors dont require regular maintenance.. Hence, I wonder if these exposed projectors could be in fact.. LED pjs.. Hence requiring minimum maintenance.

It would be nice if the reputed members could throw more light on the topic of LED projectors and help would be buyers..:signthankspin:

Thank you,
Yours,
Subcenter2009
29 July, 2011

I bought an LED projector with 800 X 600 resolution for about Rs.27,000. I have had it for the last 4 months and it is working without a problem. I am using a 48" X 72" screen. You need a dark room for the projector to be effective.

I bought an LED projector with 800 X 600 resolution for about Rs.27,000. I have had it for the last 4 months and it is working without a problem. I am using a 48" X 72" screen. You need a dark room for the projector to be effective.

hii
plz tell about the performance in terms of picture quality. Ability to run 720p,1080p and games from ps3/xbox or any gaming console. Plz tell where did u get it from???

Dear Friends,

Thank you,
Yours,
Subcenter2009
29 July, 2011

I have the HS 201 by LG, works quite well in a darkened environment. Not good for rooms with ambient light.am able to project an image of 120cm diagonal from about 14-15 feet from the wall. Works well with PS3 for gaming, movies - prefer blu ray for their clarity. Text is a bother though.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back