LED TV between 11k-16k+

jammyr

1. Budget.
11 -16K+

2. Viewing distance.
6 - 7 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.
antenna + PC

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
LED TV

5. Preference for brands.
Whichever is durable and within my budget. I don't want to spend on something that I have to care time and again regularly.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
no
7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
normal daylighting and tubelighting only... :)

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

I am looking for a TV+monitor for a HTPC for my parents. The usage will be mainly watching TV and also videos from PC and occasional browsing. My idea is to keep my budget minimum with maximum viewing experience possible for my parents. Couldn't come to a conclusion on my own...I am not sure what screen size will be good for my home. I have attached couple of photos which I had with me in my hostel with which you can get some idea. My current TV is a 21.5 inch BPL. I am looking of some height and width similar to it.

I am also considering to go for a TV which can be used as monitor or a monitor to be used as a TV (if this works out cheaper and can give larger screen). What are all the features I have to look for if I have to use a monitor as TV, in the sense if I want to connect my antenna to my monitor what port I should look for?

As of now I am considering this from flipkart, but unsure whether the screen size will be ok.
Buy AOC LE23A6730/61 23 inches LED TV Online at best Prices In India

Any other suggestions are welcome. With so many new brands in the market, pretty unsure of them.

Attachments

• Photo0414.jpg
    Photo0414.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Photo0418.jpg
    Photo0418.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 62
Hi,

Budget LED TV would be brands like Videocon etc which is available with local electronic dealers as well as Vijay Sales / Croma etc....to be honest..these are not that great.

Would advise you to check out Toshiba which offers VFM in terms of performance, design and features....over and above 3 years warranty which is the most important factor to consider before venturing into any Plasma / LED purchase.

A Toshiba 32 inch would cost around 22k and a 29 within the 20k barrier...check the best rate options with various dealers...if purchasing online, check if the deal clearly mentions 'manufacturers warranty'

There would be other TVs which would cost same or much lesser. it all depends on what features, connections, performance etc you are looking out for...best advice is to walk to a Vijay Sales / Croma and short list TVs that fit your budget and expectations...

Hi,

Budget LED TV would be brands like Videocon etc which is available with local electronic dealers as well as Vijay Sales / Croma etc....to be honest..these are not that great.

Would advise you to check out Toshiba which offers VFM in terms of performance, design and features....over and above 3 years warranty which is the most important factor to consider before venturing into any Plasma / LED purchase.

A Toshiba 32 inch would cost around 22k and a 29 within the 20k barrier...check the best rate options with various dealers...if purchasing online, check if the deal clearly mentions 'manufacturers warranty'

There would be other TVs which would cost same or much lesser. it all depends on what features, connections, performance etc you are looking out for...best advice is to walk to a Vijay Sales / Croma and short list TVs that fit your budget and expectations...

With my limited understanding of mathematics

22 > 16 ***

> says greater than

so 22 is greater than 16 imho :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::licklips::licklips:

Persons budget is 11 - 16 K , so it appears max is 16 K and you are suggesting more expensive TV

by the same logic why not suggest him LED costing 500 K upwords -

Bolne main kya jata hain ??:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

** Please refer Grade 1 / Grade 2 maths books

Since the current screen is 21 inch CRT, getting a same sized LED might give u lesser viewing space as LED's have 16:9 ratio compared to 4:3 on your current tv. You may try a bigger size, to avoid the feeling of buying a smaller tv. May be a 27 incher? Go for a 720p version, as it's difficult to figure out difference between a 1080p and 720p at that size and viewing distance. Buy a normal brand like videocon, onida which may still stay in your budget(for the 27), if possible online like this http://m.snapdeal.com/product/videocon-vkc28hhzmc-miraage-28-inches/2072415685.

thanks a lot guys for all your replies...I totally forgot this post and got it when I googled something else...
I hv noted ur suggestions
anyhow I am considering few monitors with rf input(I can connect my cable) as well..let me know if you know any

Last edited:
thanks a lot guys for all your replies...I totally forgot this post and got it when I googled something else...
I hv noted ur suggestions
anyhow I am considering few monitors with rf input(I can connect my cable) as well..let me know if you know any

I have AOC 22 inch Monitor with RF , HDMI ,Composite , Componant and S Video Input , apart from PC inpot ,will let u know the model No

also LG had some monitors like this

Back