LG 47LW6500 LED Motherboard

karan382

Hello everyone,

Around 2 months ago, my near 6 year old LG 47LW6500 (3D) led just stopped functioning one fine day. When I try to power it on the power indicator and the volume/channel arrow indicators on the frame do light up (from red to blue) but the screen does not display anything/switch on and within 3-4 seconds the power indicator etc. turn back to red (stand by mode). I booked a service request with LG service centre and the technician made a very quick judgement after inspecting the TV that the 'back lights' of the screen had got spoilt and will require replacement of the entire display panel and will cost approx 30k. Obliviously I was shocked and had no plans to spend so much on a TV that is out of warranty. I then had a neighbourhood LED repair person take the LED to his shop for inspection (I know I should not have let the TV out of my sight) as he wanted to check whether there was actually any problem with the display. After keeping the TV overnight at his shop he informed me that the 'back lights' of the TV were working fine and there was an issue with the motherboard as it was not sending any power to the panel board which in turn lights the screen. I was confused and decided not to take any further actions for then.

Today I had a third person inspect the TV at my house today (LG technician who does some 'extra work' on the side) and he too informed me that 99.9% the problem is with the motherboard as it is not supplying power further to the panel board. He could not comment on the screen because he figured out that the display panel had been opened earlier and was not sure whether in the process it may have been spoilt. He has recommended that the only was to get the TV working is to replace the motherboard from a donor LG TV (same model) which these company technicians have access to. He was clear in telling me that this board will be from a used TV and he can only give warranty for 3 months for the replacement. I cross checked with LG and it was confirmed that the company does not really have this model's motherboard in stock so I cannot expect any solutions from LG. The price quoted by the technician is approx 9k for the replacement motherboard.

I am not really sure what option do I have here ? Take my chances with the replacement board and hope it lasts my TV for another 2-3 years or just try and sell this TV as a donor TV and probably try and get 10k for it (will I ?). In turn I buy a new 40 inch HD LED from the like of Vu, LLOYD, TCL etc. during the festive season (I should be able to get a 40 inch through online sale for around 25k). I quite like my LG and would hate to part with it but at the same time do not want the 9k that I will spend on the motherboard go down the drain.

Please advise. Any place where I can show the TV (again :sad:) in Delhi (South) area ? Thanks

I had the same problem 2 years back. LG tech placed an order for a new MB and replaced it with-in one week. It costed around 6K and there was one year warranty on the MB.

It is still working fine.

A week back my 4 year old plasma LG 42PA4520 (hardly 400 hrs burnt) stopped functioning, with similar behavior..
LG technician said Power panel PCB board might have gone bad and it is not available in entire India. He said he can confirm if display panel has any issue only after changing mother board.
Now, planning to buy any cheap 32 LED TV, and if there are any offers this festive season, will go for 42 LED TV.
I feel i should not spend more than 20K. Any suggestions?

Hello everyone,

Around 2 months ago, my near 6 year old LG 47LW6500 (3D) led just stopped functioning one fine day. When I try to power it on the power indicator and the volume/channel arrow indicators on the frame do light up (from red to blue) but the screen does not display anything/switch on and within 3-4 seconds the power indicator etc. turn back to red (stand by mode). I booked a service request with LG service centre and the technician made a very quick judgement after inspecting the TV that the 'back lights' of the screen had got spoilt and will require replacement of the entire display panel and will cost approx 30k. Obliviously I was shocked and had no plans to spend so much on a TV that is out of warranty. I then had a neighbourhood LED repair person take the LED to his shop for inspection (I know I should not have let the TV out of my sight) as he wanted to check whether there was actually any problem with the display. After keeping the TV overnight at his shop he informed me that the 'back lights' of the TV were working fine and there was an issue with the motherboard as it was not sending any power to the panel board which in turn lights the screen. I was confused and decided not to take any further actions for then.

Today I had a third person inspect the TV at my house today (LG technician who does some 'extra work' on the side) and he too informed me that 99.9% the problem is with the motherboard as it is not supplying power further to the panel board. He could not comment on the screen because he figured out that the display panel had been opened earlier and was not sure whether in the process it may have been spoilt. He has recommended that the only was to get the TV working is to replace the motherboard from a donor LG TV (same model) which these company technicians have access to. He was clear in telling me that this board will be from a used TV and he can only give warranty for 3 months for the replacement. I cross checked with LG and it was confirmed that the company does not really have this model's motherboard in stock so I cannot expect any solutions from LG. The price quoted by the technician is approx 9k for the replacement motherboard.

I am not really sure what option do I have here ? Take my chances with the replacement board and hope it lasts my TV for another 2-3 years or just try and sell this TV as a donor TV and probably try and get 10k for it (will I ?). In turn I buy a new 40 inch HD LED from the like of Vu, LLOYD, TCL etc. during the festive season (I should be able to get a 40 inch through online sale for around 25k). I quite like my LG and would hate to part with it but at the same time do not want the 9k that I will spend on the motherboard go down the drain.

Please advise. Any place where I can show the TV (again :sad:) in Delhi (South) area ? Thanks

I had same problem with same model LG TV .i.e 47 LW 6500-TA ATRYLH. Light indicater on right bottom of panel was displaying on making ON TV.but there was no display on Panel. On complain to LG customer service First technician told problem of display Panel and told repair cost 31000/- . I recomplained second technician told problem of mother Board,few days back informed me that this part is not available in all over India to my utter disappointment. With some reference I approached ex- engineer of LG, he told me any mother Board of LW series irrespective of 32/42/47/55 inches will work ,demanded RS 9500/-. He replaced with new motherboard with a new remote system. Nowadays my TV is working fine . For further details I may be contacted on my email I'd [email protected].

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back