Lg 65":: broken panel

harpreetz

Hey everyone.. this week panel for my LG 65 iccher got broken.
I had kept my Tv on A glass table top.. Seems like my SvsPb 1000 did the damage. This happened overnight and next day we saw table top was broken from one side . Probably the rattling from Svs developed a crack in the glass . As a result tv fell off the glass top and hit the center tae, breaking the panel of the TV... Such an unfortunate event... Still can't get over it.. anyone has any experience in getting the panel changed for lg 65".. LG guys are asking for 55K for the panel..

I suggest you go for 55k if no other option is there and try to bargain a bit. Their extended warranty costs 42k for 2 years, so tell them you can bear that cost if they agree to change the panel for free. One of the FM's got that deal done for a TV with no warranty. Here you are within warranty period but still they would attribute it to your mistake and so you throw in bread crumbs of the 42k ext warranty volunteering. It may work. Or if not pay for the panel and be extra careful so as to think you spent it on ext warranty.

I suggest you go for 55k if no other option is there and try to bargain a bit. Their extended warranty costs 42k for 2 years, so tell them you can bear that cost if they agree to change the panel for free. One of the FM's got that deal done for a TV with no warranty. Here you are within warranty period but still they would attribute it to your mistake and so you throw in bread crumbs of the 42k ext warranty volunteering. It may work. Or if not pay for the panel and be extra careful so as to think you spent it on ext warranty.
Nice idea..

Which tv is this? Better to get something new and better like Toshiba U7980 instead of spending 55k on panel replacement unless of course you have an OLED.

Anyone has any experience in getting the panel changed from somewhere else other than the company itself, earlier LG was sitting m qoating 55k for the new panel and view saying panel is not available.
Checked for 2/3 places locality, they are providing the panel for 34k, but no warranty at K and does not seems trustworthy.

If anyone had a good experience with such as panel providers in Delhi, then request you to please share your experience and details from where you sourced one.
Only option left is to get new one..

Move over the sunk cost, buy yourselves a new tv and be bit more careful this time. No surety in aftermarket panels, 35k will be a bet as such and you will be left at same point if its a refurb panel or a copy.

A 75" panel costs 60k in Sony. When they changed it they valued it in their service slip. So for 55k, LG's 65" panel looks pricey. You have to make the decision and any remorse that follows is natural and basic human psychology of the road not taken. Toss it off and buy a new set, is going to be the most recommended answer here. 25k - 30k more and you'd get 7290, 65" LG. Even if it is a basic entry level TV with an IPS screen, edge lit.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back