Linear power supply...

tigerwag

hello everyone.
i recently bought CA dacmagic plus with linear power supply on ebay.co.uk. which will be delivered on my uncles address in UK. he will hand carry it fr me when he will be travelling to India in late dec.
i am eagerly waiting to set it in my stereo chain.
a question for experts- does linear power supply to DAC makes noticeble difference?
Reason behind buying the combo without knowing role of linear power suply is-
the deal was about to get over in couple of days. i could get it for 205 GBP with shipping to UK at my uncles address. in addition to DAC i got linear power suply, a custom made plinth, and 4:1 optical input adapter. DAC is hardly used fr 5-10 hrs. still 4 yrs warranty remaining on dac, offcourse which will not be valid in india i suppose. taking in to consideration current price of CA dacmagic plus in india (37500 INR) i thought its a good deal for a dac which is in pristine condition and very less used.

currently i am using schitt modi2 in my set up. i hope its going to be significant upgrade.

Last edited:
Sir, you have already bought the power supply and therefore it would be best if you hear it yourself and let us know your conclusions... All the advice you are going to get is going to be theoretical wit a disclaimer (IMHO)..

Panditji is spot on there.
Many users of linear power supplies have found a definite improvement. But it would be best to compare yourself when you get the DAC.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back