looking for 2.1 or 2.0 speaker with good stereo amplifier for pc

rhythm

hi guys,

I spend whole weekend reading through the post related what I am looking for. But in the end i got confused so decided to ask community.

Basically I am looking for 2.1 or 2.0 speaker with good stereo amplifier for my pc. I want crist and clear sound
even at high sound (no distortion at all) with moderate sub. Music and Movie/Game ratio is 60:40.

I somehow manage to narrow down my choice thanks to all your post

Short listed speakers -
Wharfedale diamond 9.1
Polk Audio TSi200

and amp -
Sherwood RX-4503 2 x 100 Watt RMS Dolby Virtual Surround Sound Receiver (Black)
Norge's 2060
Norge Concerto Gold 1000

sub : whatever you guys decide. (If I buy sub with inbuilt amp and say impact on sound is very minimal and can't be noticed then I will buy sub with 5.1 suppot and will drop separte amp)

My buget is 20000 to 25000.

Since I am connecting this to my pc

I have some question in my mind

My motherboard is Asus Maxium V Gene and it got rear, side , center/subwoofer. S/PDIF OUT, along with ohter 3 connection i.e line in , line out and Mic in.
How will I connect my sub/amp to pc. Basically what adapter I need to use.

Please guys help me

With a good book shelf, a sub is not required to get bass. Also getting a good amp+BS+sub in your budget is not possible. My suggestion will be to use a stereo amp + BS now. Later add the sub if you want more boom.

For connecting PC to amp, use the PC line out. You will need a 3.5 mm to 2 RCA cable. Look for brands like bandridge or belkin which are not expensive but gives good quality. These are available in flipkart and ebay.in easily.

I would suggest a better sound card or external dac as the onboard sound card quality is not good in most cases.

Lastly, I have a Sonodyne SiA 310 amp for sale. It is unused and brand new box packed with warranty. It comes with remote control, and it has line out which you can use to connect the subwoofer.

thanks for all your response.

Till now I have auditioned Polk audio TSI 100 and TSI 200. They really sounded great. But TSI 200 will be too much for my room. So I will stick with TSI 100.

Today I have auditioned Jamo A102 HCS 22 those were used 2.1 system with amp. Dealer quote me 18k. To my inexperienced ear they sounded really good no distortion at all. Amp got every connection with inbuild dvd/cd player (Jamo : Jamo A 102 HCS 22 delivers class surround sound...).

What you guys think is this a good deal

@ baijuxavior : thanks for the insight but in the following thread you have mentioned that you found some problems with the amp.(http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/35465-brand-new-sonodyne-sia-310-stereo-amp.html)

@ greenhorn : astonia SC 300 is really cheap and contacted them whether they are compatible with Polk audio TSI 100 waiting for responses from them.

@ shivam : checked the link that you have mentioned but those are not under warranty so I have to be extremely careful. I don't mind buying used speaker even if those are not covered under warranty but amp!. Can you suggest some of the place in Mumbai where I can audition Wharfedale speakers

I am using a pair of Sonodyne 1501 BS with Yamaha AVR, and my friend is using the same speakers with a Sonodyne Sia 310. I can tell the Sonodyne combo sounds pretty great when the source is good, meaning it should be an original CD / FLAC / Lossless files and if at all mp3 then 320 kbps and not any lesser.
With yet another friend of mine I have heard the Sia 320 and Sonodyne 2504, they sound great as well. As others have suggested you should look to add a sound card as a DAC for the PC. I would suggest for a Sound Card instead of a DAC as you play games on your PC as well, a sound card will fair better for games and movies, look at Asus Xonar DX. If you go for the Sonodyne combo (Sia 310 and 1501 BS) with a Sound card it could be close to your budget.
These Sonodynes are great VFM products, do consider them.

hay guys,

I bought Astonia SC 300 and Polk audio TSI 100. Speakers are yet to be delivered. But I took amp to Pro Fx show room and tested with the speakers and they sounded good (at least that's what I felt)

Thanks for your suggestions and help :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back