looking for amp to drive my sonodyne roar 108 sub

raghav_13

hello everybody I listen to only music mostly rock and have rare inclination in watching movies and so for the same I have managed the following setup

amp- norge mofset 2000
speakers- norge millenium bookshelf speakers
subwoofer- sonodyne roar 108

my problem is that the amp drives the speakers quite good but is incapable in bringing out the thump from my sub as it sounded in the listening room before purchasing it.

So I need help earnestly from all of you in choosing the right amp that could drive my sub flawlessly. My budget for the same would be around 30k to 35k

there is a pre-out terminal available on the rear of the amp and i have connected it with a rca to rca cable. thanks Koushik for your quick response,

Your Norge amp is not driving the subwoofer as the sub has its own amp. Your problem is with the line out of the norge amp because it is not a subwoofer pre-out. Changing the amp is not going to improve the subwoofer performance unless it has dedicated subwoofer out. May be a circuit to extract low frequency from the pre-out will help.

there is a pre-out terminal available on the rear of the amp and i have connected it with a rca to rca cable. thanks Koushik for your quick response,

Okay, so as Baijuxavior pointed out above, your amp is not driving the sub. So it is basically you are not liking the sub all together. Going by my experience with this sub, that should not be the case. Not atleast when listening to music. This sub produces quite good thump.

My assumption is there may phase problem. Try this - Just listen to the music without the sub and after sometime, switch on the sub. This should bring in lots of LFE. If that is not the case, just reverse the phase of the sub from the rear amp plate. Let us know if that helps.

hi everybody thank you all for your support, well I changed the phase as suggested by Koushik and it did worked to some extent but not to the desired level. Though the sub sounds better now as compared to when I first connected it and may be the sub will take some time open up, I guess.
well drkoushik I reside in Champasari and would like to know you location as well.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back