Looking for speaker upgrade for HT and music

matbhuvi

I have currently a fully treated room (10 x 14). I am doing 5.2.2 in the room. I use Denon 3500h (in line for upgrade after speakers) and Shiit Yggdrasil as DAC. Both DAC and LCR of the AVR are connected to Marantz mm7055 5 channel amp. I use the balanced line for DAC and unbalanced line for AVR.

The speakers are Polk Rti series. RTi A5 for fronts, CSA6 for center and Fx for surrounds. The Polk is not bad in any way. When i measure it using REW, it has pretty flat response from 40hz to 20khz with slight bump in the mid range (100 to 400hz). The Polks are around 7 years old and are very very good for movies. I just feel that i could go for something better for music. I used active monitors (Neumann KH80). They are brilliant near field monitors. But, i want to move my seat back. It is cumbersome to have one seating position for Movies and different position for Music. Just not comfortable in a small room.

I don't mind if my surrond / atmos don't match my front. I am looking for a good upgrade for the front LCR.

Thank you

I have currently a fully treated room (10 x 14). I am doing 5.2.2 in the room. I use Denon 3500h (in line for upgrade after speakers) and Shiit Yggdrasil as DAC. Both DAC and LCR of the AVR are connected to Marantz mm7055 5 channel amp. I use the balanced line for DAC and unbalanced line for AVR.

The speakers are Polk Rti series. RTi A5 for fronts, CSA6 for center and Fx for surrounds. The Polk is not bad in any way. When i measure it using REW, it has pretty flat response from 40hz to 20khz with slight bump in the mid range (100 to 400hz). The Polks are around 7 years old and are very very good for movies. I just feel that i could go for something better for music. I used active monitors (Neumann KH80). They are brilliant near field monitors. But, i want to move my seat back. It is cumbersome to have one seating position for Movies and different position for Music. Just not comfortable in a small room.

I don't mind if my surrond / atmos don't match my front. I am looking for a good upgrade for the front LCR.

Thank you
What is your budget for the upgrade?

Thank you
Hi Mathan, after a long time, how are you doing?

I would suggest you to get a stereo speakers instead. Since you already have a floorstander for movies.
If not try Fyne F501. It will be great for music. For movies, I think it will be more than decent.
I have read good reviews about Fyne 501. Haven't heard them personally. Will check that. Thank you

I have read good reviews about Fyne 501. Haven't heard them personally. Will check that. Thank you
I have Tannoy XT6F, the previous iteration of Fyne F501. The floor stander is excellent for music, although it is slightly lean on low mid. Also, you will need good power for it. I use a Schiit Aegir power amp. It doesn't deliver much bass. Other than that the amp drives it well. I have set it up in a small room, and hence, the bass is not overpowering for me.

I have Tannoy XT6F, the previous iteration of Fyne F501. The floor stander is excellent for music, although it is slightly lean on low mid. Also, you will need good power for it. I use a Schiit Aegir power amp. It doesn't deliver much bass. Other than that the amp drives it well. I have set it up in a small room, and hence, the bass is not overpowering for me.
Thank you. I have dual Subs. I do like pairing them for music as well. I already have Marantz mm7055 which can do 140W for dual channel.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back