Looking for subwoofer for Denon 1200 & QA3020

amitksvs

Hi,
I am looking for a subwoofer for my music/HT setup around Denon AVR X1200W with Q Acoustics 3020, will be putting up a 5.1 setup in a phased manner. Usage wise, it is 75% music and 25%movies. Budget would be below 30k. Had thought of Wharfedale D10 ( being sealed) and Taga sw 10 and tsw120 ( being cheaper). Please help me decide!!
Have good things about REL for music setup, do they come under 30k? And can they be auditioned in Mumbai? Thanks.

Do you already have the AVR and speakers?
What's your room size?
Are you comfortable with buying used equipment?
For 75% music, I'd go stereo rather than AVR.

Hi,
I am looking for a subwoofer for my music/HT setup around Denon AVR X1200W with Q Acoustics 3020, will be putting up a 5.1 setup in a phased manner. Usage wise, it is 75% music and 25%movies. Budget would be below 30k. Had thought of Wharfedale D10 ( being sealed) and Taga sw 10 and tsw120 ( being cheaper). Please help me decide!!
Have good things about REL for music setup, do they come under 30k? And can they be auditioned in Mumbai? Thanks.

Hi

If budget is limited then suggest you go the pre owned manner...you can get the best systems for a good affordable price from Olx or Quikr or For Sale by Owner section on this site.

There are dealers as well as individuals selling systems for upgrade etc....Since you are based in Mumbai, lot of ads over OLX and Quikr...check, decide and take the plunge accordingly....

Do you already have the AVR and speakers?
What's your room size?
Are you comfortable with buying used equipment?
For 75% music, I'd go stereo rather than AVR.
Thanks for the reply. I already have the AVR and front speakers; and am building the 7.1 HT system even though my usage is largely for Music. Went for AVR route as I wanted to have the option to watch those live concerts (when Blurays could be had).
Never tried the pre-owned route; how does one assure onself about not having any serious flaw in the stuff on offer and how to deal with service thing post acquisition? I might be acting over-sceptic possibly because I am a novice for this. Can you please help me with few pointers as to how to go about looking and selecting a pre-owned subwoofer. Thanks a lot.

Hi

If budget is limited then suggest you go the pre owned manner...you can get the best systems for a good affordable price from Olx or Quikr or For Sale by Owner section on this site.

There are dealers as well as individuals selling systems for upgrade etc....Since you are based in Mumbai, lot of ads over OLX and Quikr...check, decide and take the plunge accordingly....

Thanks buddy! Can you please give me few hints and pointers as to how to go about scouting and acquiring a pre-owned subwoofer for my application. Room size is about 300-350 sqft. Thanks again.

Thanks buddy! Can you please give me few hints and pointers as to how to go about scouting and acquiring a pre-owned subwoofer for my application. Room size is about 300-350 sqft. Thanks again.

You seem to be having quite a large room at 350 sqft. Is it a rectangular dimensional room ? I am using the QA 3020 which is paired with both the Denon and CA stereo amp - and we switch depending on what we want to watch/ listen. Looking the size of your room, the 3020's arent going to give the much needed Bass so it does look like you are going to need a good enough Sub- infact a powerful one in my opinion (12" atleast) . I currently use a Klipsch 10" and it seems to do the job well. For stereo, I dont use the sub and for our 200 SQFT rectangular room, the 3020s provide plenty of punch that we dont need a sub there. In occassional music listening over the Denon, the sub is connected and it is still good and adds to that low end bass that I at times like. For 30k you can certainly scout for a good used Sub. Browse around OLX and also post your need on the wanted section here and you never know, any of our FMs might be willing to sell their existing subs. If you need to go source a new one, perhaps check out the Emotiva BasX models - although I didnt get to hear them personally, I heard good things about them and they should come within your budget of 30K. Some FMs have high praises about BIC America Subs too and again I havent heard them at all!

Thanks for reply. Yeah, its living-dining area combined in L-shape; I do miss a subwoofer even while listening to music. I had an eye on Emotiva BasX too; while exploring it I came across some discussion on Taga Harmony; and saw some good words about them especially about SW-10; what are your thoughts? Specs look good and used to be priced well too! Can one audition Emotiva and BIC America somewhere in Mumbai?

FM efernand1 is happy with a BIC PL200 for music. Maybe you could consider that. The recently released newer model costs Rs 40k. You might be able to get the older model for a few thousand less.
You being in Mumbai, there will be preowned options in olx and quikr.
Buying preowned from the forum is generally safe. Only rarely have sales gone wrong.
You need to see the seller's post count, types of posts, popularity, etc.

Thanks for reply. Yeah, its living-dining area combined in L-shape; I do miss a subwoofer even while listening to music. I had an eye on Emotiva BasX too; while exploring it I came across some discussion on Taga Harmony; and saw some good words about them especially about SW-10; what are your thoughts? Specs look good and used to be priced well too! Can one audition Emotiva and BIC America somewhere in Mumbai?

Check with ProAudio home to audition BIC America subs...

https://proaudiohome.com/

I own Q Acoustics 3010 5.1 ch and BIC Acoustics PL-200 SW. For AVR I used to own a Denon 1200W, but sold it off in Sept 2017 and upgraded to Marantz SR6012. I love this combination and am very happy with Marantz/Q-Acoustics performance.

I stay at Thane. If you are close-by, you are welcome to drop at my home for audition.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

while exploring it I came across some discussion on Taga Harmony; and saw some good words about them especially about SW-10; what are your thoughts? Specs look good and used to be priced well too!

I have Sw 10 v2 (dual subs) for more than a years time, and pretty happy with it..

You can consider an other 12 inch sub from Taga TSW 200 for 23K on hifimart, these are within you budget..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back