Looking to buy a 4K UHD TV around 100K

Ryzen

Looking to buy 43-49" 4K UHD TV preferabbly with Dolby Vision.
Budget: Around 100K
Brand Preferance: Sony. Open to other brands if good enough to ditch Sony.
Current best price for LG B7 55''?

Last edited:

You should take a look at Mi 55" UHD for around 45k on flipkart it looks fabulous and reviews are good.

Sony 49x9000e will be in your budget, just check the price. It is really good TV with great PQ. But don't know about any update for Dolby vision in future.

As far as I know, there will be no Dolby Vision for x900e. Because Dolby Vision will be available to those TVs with X1 Extreme processor and X900E has X1 Video processor.

One big advantage in going with the 9 series Sony is that Direct LED which gives you great picture quality and local dimming. But 9000E have 4K HDR Processor X1™ processor which is not upgraded to support the latest HDR technology, They won't support Dolby Vision. They've corrected the same in this year X90F. The 2018 X90F version and the last year X94E/X93E have 4K HDR Processor X1™ Extreme processor which gives you support for all the latest goodies. If you can go for X94E/X93E or wait for the X90F price to come down. Upscaling will be great in extreme processor.

I don't think price of X90F will come down anytime soon. X93E/X94E is definitely the better option to go, but not sure how much more that will cost.

BTW, anyone bought LG B7 55" lately? What is the best price available for B7 right now?. If B7 isn't considerably more costly than X90E, I might extend the budget in favour of B7.

Last edited:
I don't think price of X90F will come down anytime soon. X93E/X94E is definitely the better option to go, but not sure how much more that will cost.

BTW, anyone bought LG B7 55" lately? What is the best price available for B7 right now?. If B7 isn't considerably more costly than X90E, I might extend the budget in favour of B7.
I got it few months back (Feb 1st week) at 1.58 lacs from Reliance Digital .. With 18 mths zero cost EMI on cards.

Hopefully B7 price will come down little bit more once 2018 models hit the market. If the price goes down around 1.2 L in next couple of months, I will go for it, else X900E/X930E.

I am also in the process of getting 4K HDR UHD LED TV up to 125K and shortlisted Samsung ME7000 series and Sony x9000 series. 55 inch is better choice than 49 inch. I like Samsung QLED and Sony X93/94 series but both are out of my budget. Also came to know that LG last year OLED model 50 inch is within 150K. Not yet audition. Also learned that Samsung have less panel failure rate that Sony. Samsung come with 2 years warranty and Sony with one. Samsung QLED panel warranty is for nine years. Please update if you have....

As far as I have read, Sony or LG OLEDs are better than Samsung QLED in same price range. QLED still uses LCD panels and its more of a marketing gimmick than a ground braking new technology like OLED. Actual quantuam dot display will apear anyime around 2020.

In case of HDR technologies, I highly doubt Samung will support Dolby Vision as they want to push HDR 10+. Again there is no commercial HDR10+ content as of now, as least I am not aware of. HDR10+ is theoritically the open source competitor of Dolby Vision. So, I think its better to consider Sony/LG than Samsung at least for the time being.

Amazon has started HDR10+ content in the USA for Samsung QLED Tv's. HDR10+ is royalty free dynamic metadata just like DV. The major point of using HDR10+ is no fees.

Just noticed that 2018 Samsung models (N Series) makes an appearance in Flipkart, still no information in their official website. Might get more information on showrooms.

QLED is an enhanced version of LED/LCD. OLED is entirely different so no comparison between QLED and OLED. Within LED technology QLED give better performance. Very few TV support Dolby vision and are currently expensive. Cost more than 100K. Current year OLED very expensive which support DV and not available within 100K. Presently very few 4K HDR UHD LED TV are available within mentioned budget and Samsung 7000 series is one of them. Major LED TV brands are at par with each other offering better picture quality with more than sufficient features one can need. Top models of Sony and LG may be better than Samsung but cost a bomb.

Dear, I am in the process of finalizing 55 inch TV within 120k from last month and took demo of various TV. The two TV I have finalized are Sony 55x9000e and LG 55SJ752t. Both are 55inch 4K HDR TV within budget. Sony support only one HDR format HDR10 where as LG support all three HDR format HDR10,HLG and Dolby vision. In future Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos will be video and audio format of 4K/UHD blu ray movies. Dolby vision have noticeable improvement in video technology. Brightness,sharpness and depth of picture increases noticeably. Picture quality of both set almost same or Sony perform well by just a little margin. Images on Sony are Punchy and crisped where as on LG are natural and eye pleasing. Black level on LG are much better than Sony. Brightness on Sony is better than LG but brightness bleeds on black and make it grey .Sony have better sharpness than LG but LG have cool and calm picture. Build quality , looks of Sony is better than LG . Sony have better up-scalar than LG. Sony come with Android OS with 16GB memory and LG have own WebOS3. Sony have 4 HDMI/3 USB input. LG have 4 HDMI/2 USB input. Already have Sony so more inclination toward Sony but like LG as it is future proof. Dolby vision only available in higher version of Sony like x9300f/x9400f series x9300e/9400e will get upgrade but not for x9000e. There are lots of information and review of Sony x9000e/x900e/XE90 (all are same) but not more about LG. Only one thread about LG 43SJ752t on hifi vision. LG come with one year comprehensive and one year panel warranty where Sony have only one year comprehensive warranty. LG cost 100K and Sony 110K. My last Sony last for healthy six years and died due to power fluctuation . No idea about LG but my good number of friends are using LG LCD/LED from last few years and are happy. Please advice......

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back