Looking to buy an AVR, Budget: 70k INR

zharshanz

Hi all,
im fairly new in this so i have very little knowledge of which AVR would be the best choice to spend my money on.

Currently i have Onkyo HT-R390 with a complete setup of 5.1 channels. ( Front left, center, right, 2 rare speakers and 1 subwoofer) and im looking for an AVR that could power these speakers as well as provide quality features similar to R390. I have Audyssey in my current R390 and hope to buy which has audyssey or something similar.
Current specs of the speakers are :

Front speaker: SKF-390 , Max power handling: 120W, impedance: 6ohm
Center Speaker: SKC-390 , Max power handling: 120W, impedance: 6ohm
Right Speaker: SKF-390 , Max power handling: 120W, impedance: 6ohm
Rare left: SKL-390 , Max power handling: 120W, impedance: 6ohm
Rare right: SKR-390 , Max power handling: 120W, impedance: 6ohm

Subwoofer: SKR-390 , Max power handling: 130W, impedance: 6ohm
There is one doubt i have regarding my subwoofer. it doesnt support a powered sub, and i read somewhere that few AVRS do not support subwoofers that dont have powered sub. not sure exactly..

I joined here only recently, so im not sure what else should i mention here, but if there are any questions or want me to include any other info, please let me know !

Room dimensions: 13.5x11ft

thank you in advance <3

Hi all,
im fairly new in this so i have very little knowledge of which AVR would be the best choice to spend my money on.

Currently i have Onkyo HT-R390 with a complete setup of 5.1 channels. ( Front left, center, right, 2 rare speakers and 1 subwoofer) and im looking for an AVR that could power these speakers as well as provide quality features similar to R390. I have Audyssey in my current R390 and hope to buy which has audyssey or something similar.

There is one doubt i have regarding my subwoofer. it doesnt support a powered sub, and i read somewhere that few AVRS do not support subwoofers that dont have powered sub. not sure exactly..

I joined here only recently, so im not sure what else should i mention here, but if there are any questions or want me to include any other info, please let me know !

thank you in advance <3
Marantz 1700

Hi all,

thank you in advance <3
Onkyo NR-5100 or SR-494

Hi all,

thank you in advance <3

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Marantz 1700
Thank you for your suggestion !
i checked out the specs and its great. i couldnt find the exact model that you mentioned, maybe its marantz 1711 that you tried to suggest? I have another question, the specs mentioned these power outputs. and i couldnt understand what they mean at all.. is 90W its maximum output? if so, how could i find the minimum output required for my above-mentioned speakers? i was only able to find the maximum output my speakers can handle..

thank you in advance !

Attachments

• marantz.png
    marantz.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 2
Onkyo NR-5100 or SR-494
hello~ thank you for the suggestion !

Both the suggestions seem to be out of my Budget unfortunatly :( i can only spend 70,000 INR, and NR and SR seem to be selling for 89k and 76k..
But it was good to see both including the features i was looking for :D

I would love to hear more suggestions from you, if possible under or at most 70K <3

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!
duly noted o7 :D

hello~ thank you for the suggestion !

Both the suggestions seem to be out of my Budget unfortunatly :( i can only spend 70,000 INR, and NR and SR seem to be selling for 89k and 76k..
But it was good to see both including the features i was looking for :D

I would love to hear more suggestions from you, if possible under or at most 70K <3
The way to look at power is to look at the FTC rating - at 8 ohms, 2 channels driven, less than 0.1% THD. The Marantz 1711 is 50W FTC, the SR-494 is 80W FTC.

Looks like 75k is the MRP of the SR-494 you’ll definitely get a discount and be able to get it for around 60-65k

Thank you for your suggestion !
i checked out the specs and its great. i couldnt find the exact model that you mentioned, maybe its marantz 1711 that you tried to suggest? I have another question, the specs mentioned these power outputs. and i couldnt understand what they mean at all.. is 90W its maximum output? if so, how could i find the minimum output required for my above-mentioned speakers? i was only able to find the maximum output my speakers can handle..

thank you in advance !
check denon x1700

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back