Lookout for Philips GF533 Turntable idler motor

Sudhin

Dear Members,

Need help in fixing the motor problem in my Philips533 tt. I am looking out for spare idler motor for my tt. Please help me the source. Let me know where its available.

regards,
Sudhin

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 3
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 3
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 2
This is in all likelihood a 12V or 6V DC motor. If that's the case, try to check any RPM marking on the motor. If matches, try replacing with a cassette player motor.
There is probably even a centrifugal switch control on the board to control the speed of the motor, hence some speed difference may be compensated from the onboard controller and the controller on the new motor itself. That should be the cheapest and most reliable solution, given it clicks.

Edit: You will need to get the stepper gear shaft swapped to the other motor.
Regards

This is in all likelihood a 12V or 6V DC motor. If that's the case, try to check any RPM marking on the motor. If matches, try replacing with a cassette player motor.
Sudhin-> Electrician says its not possible to replace with cassette player motor.

There is probably even a centrifugal switch control on the board to control the speed of the motor, hence some speed difference may be compensated from the onboard controller and the controller on the new motor itself. That should be the cheapest and most reliable solution, given it clicks.
Sudhin-> Any idea where a spare motor for this model available?

Edit: You will need to get the stepper gear shaft swapped to the other motor.
Regards

Sudhin-> Thanks for reverting back quickly.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back