Low brightness in "The Crown"

jayantadak

I just finished watching Season 1 of 'THE CROWN' in which I realized all episodes have no or very little brightness whenever they are shot in the palace or indoors. The TV show is in 4K HDR. I am watching the same on SONY X-85-D 55" which is 4K HDR TV. The 'brightness' is set to 45 and 'contrast' to 95, Gama is set to 0, whereas Black level is on 50. In the 'Colour' section Hue is set on 0. The images are dark and so dull that I am forced to think if there is something wrong with the Brightness of the TV. But the other TV shows such as 'Breaking Bad' and ' Money Heist' have fantastic brightness whether shot indoors or outdoors. Do I need to do any adjustments in the other Colour parameters ?

I just finished watching Season 1 of 'THE CROWN' in which I realized all episodes have no or very little brightness whenever they are shot in the palace or indoors. The TV show is in 4K HDR. I am watching the same on SONY X-85-D 55" which is 4K HDR TV. The 'brightness' is set to 45 and 'contrast' to 95, Gama is set to 0, whereas Black level is on 50. In the 'Colour' section Hue is set on 0. The images are dark and so dull that I am forced to think if there is something wrong with the Brightness of the TV. But the other TV shows such as 'Breaking Bad' and ' Money Heist' have fantastic brightness whether shot indoors or outdoors. Do I need to do any adjustments in the other Colour parameters ?
Did you check the setting for LED backlight and whether its set as maximum?

In advanced settings under picture (under options in remote) under brightness, adv.contrast enhancer - put it high. This series itself is dim and my tv is 8500D's slightly better brother 9300D.

Back