Lyrita Audios solution of amplifier for power hungry speakers!

subhobh

Lyrita Audios amp solution of for power hungry and vintage speakers. A band new tube 845 Set integrated amp with a pure power of 15W.

Its good to say about new product from the house of Lyrita Audio. Yes the Delhi based Lyrita Audio and Mr. Viren Bakhshi the whole and soul of the brand has come up with its newest integrated tube amp, 845 Set single ended integrated tube amp. Six months before, I personally happened to visit there for a casual audition and then onwards became a fan of Viren sirs stuff especially Harmony One single driver speaker and the old 2A3 set integrated amp (3watt/channel).

Last month on a sunny Sunday Morning me and Mr. Venu Nair (from Gurgaon) landed up at Mr. Viren Bakhshis studio, thats Lyritas home. Viren sir as usual provided as the red carpet welcome as he always does!

After a quick talk and gupshap with a cup of hot tea and cookies we stared the audition. Now comimg to the new amp, I would say this amp unit has the same elegant look and finish as previous 2A3 set int. amp but the tubes are bigger and much brighter now and it looks beautiful when it glows in dark!! Wow, seems like a lamp. And we have connected Lyritas very own Harmony One Fostex single driver based floor stand speakers, and Lyrita ICs and speaker cable and as a source we have connected Marantz CD player + Lyritas own DUMA (not exactly sure about the name) DAC. Though we have also tried this with LPs, but lets start with CDp and we have listened couple of Jazz tracks, Pop and Vocal based tracks and Instruments too.

We first started with jazz album jazz tracks of Viren sirs choice. Before I start I would like to say that, I always believe that tube amps are much more efficient to handle the weakest signals present on the music, and music gets more life while getting reproduced by tube amps, and here also, there was no exception.

So we started with Jazz CDs. The tracks ware so lively on my ear and was with full of energy. The instruments present on the music ware much layered and full of rich texture. I could hear the single little details of strings all the spice present on the music with absolute accuracy. In one sentence I should say, I felt the music reproduction was so natural but with full of life!

Next we tried some vocal based tracks. The vocals ware on their purest form on my ear and there and I could really feel the emotion on the vocalist. And no need to say I could hear the singer berating sub text be editable? factor was present there. Though I felt that, the mids ware little forward, brighter and slightly overpowered overall but I enjoyed that very much on low volume. Even it was nowhere harsh in high volume as well. Overall it was excellent and full of emotion, live in texture and excellent sonic reproduction. CD audio never got so much life on my ear. I preferred low volume better than high.

Finally we attached Viren Sirs restored Garrard Turntable with Lyrita Tube Phono preamplifier with the existing setup with some jazz LPs. As the LP starts rotating, the first expression came from me was WOW! The music became so lively on my ear. I loved the presence of each instruments and perfect separations the flow of the music the soundstage, and the little beautiful LP kind of unprocessed sound. No need to say that, that LPs have lot more on life and energy on it. But the Garrard turntable unit worked as a wonder. Hats off to the restoration! You can check Virens post about the Garrard restoration. And the Vinyl with Tube amp + single driver speaker was a perfect combination. Wow, I am jealous about Viren Sirs LP collection.

While auditioning this new 845 Set amp with Harmony One speakers I couldnt find significant deference with the old 2A3 SET Amp, but I believe if you attached a different set of speakers (may be more power demanding), then this new amp may be able to fulfill the requirement of the speaker better. However my pick would be Harmony One single driver speaker and the old 2A3 SET Amp combination, as my personal taste. But as a conclusion note definitely would like to say if you have vintage speakers, or a modern power hungry speaker, you are intending to use that and still looking for the taste of sweet tube sound, and then this is the amp you should audition for. Happy listening to everyone!

I am providing the images that I have clicked on this session below.

Lyrita Audios 845 Set single ended integrated tube amp

Lyrita Audios 2A3 SET single ended integrated tube amp and Harmony One speakers

Lyrita Harmony One speakers

Lyrita Duma Dac

Collection

Mr. Viren Bakhshi (right) with Mr. Venu Nair (left) at Lyrita Studio

The very restored Garrard Turntable unit

]

Lyrita Audios 6C33C SET single ended integrated tube amp

The complete rack, Viren Sirs own designed. Isanti it great?

Lyrita Audios 2A3 SET single ended integrated tube amp

So, happy Listening to all!!:eek:hyeah:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back