M16KI -6.5" KEVLAR TRUNCATED FRAME

rajesh srinivas

Does M16KI -6.5" KEVLAR TRUNCATED FRAME need to be flush mounted/recessed to be used in a 3way on front baffle.

Since its suggested Peerless truncated frame design driver does not need a countersink and also the frame edge is in a roundover shape.
m16ki-8r_truncated_1-228x228-jpg.25823

I think not required to flush mount. There was a project using similar truncated peerless driver by Bibin couple of years back just search for it

I think not required to flush mount. There was a project using similar truncated peerless driver by Bibin couple of years back just search for it

Here is his link which i had already earlier gone through when he had posted his thread.

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/2-way-bookshelf-vifa-peerless-build.60377/

One mistake he has made is keeping straight edges of the frame facing towards side of the baffle,instead of keeping the round edges,which can cause some lobing issue..

Very slight flush can be done till the flat surface of the head bolt.,so that the round edges is in level of the baffle surface,
what do u say.

thanks
rajesh

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back