M2Tech HifaceTwo - likely to get from Italy

AMITNOIDA

One of my friends is going to Italy for a short business trip. I have requested him to purchase a M2Tech Hiface Two for me.

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop lying idle, as I prefer to use my desktop as a matter of convenience. I thought, why not to use this laptop and connect with my Ayon Cd1s through 'Digital In' and use its DAC. Problem is that Ayon CD1s does not have any USB and the Laptop does not have any SPDIF out.

While surfing I came to know about M2Tech Hiface Two - a small USB to SPDIF converter costing approx. 150 Euro. I think this small piece will solve my task of connecting my Laptop with Ayon CD1s.

Now-a-days digital music with good workable quality is convenient and more practical. In my desktop I have Asus Essence STX 2 channel sound card, which I use with headphone as well as through my Marantz AVR+Epos M12i. It produces decent sound with not much complain.

But I find the DAC in my Ayon CD1s is better than the Asus Sound card and can be tried through my laptop with an USB to SPDIF converter. M2Tech HiFace Two is a well reviewed converter and has review in 6Moons for the HiTech Hiface.

Hope, my friend will find time to get it for me during his busy schedule. I am hoping for the best.

have you tried digital out from your desktop to ayon cdp? while your hiface is on its way, try this out to have a sense of how this chain will sound.
IMHO the sound card on your desktop would be much better than a usb to spdif converter.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back