Make sub (and other) cables from RG59/6 and connectors

doors666

Hi Guys,

I need a long subwoofer cable for my sub, approx 50ft. I am thinking of getting a good coaxial cable (e.g. belden 1505A or 1694A), get some rca connectors and get them soldered. Any idea which ones are good ones for this purpose. The cable should not be too stiff.

Which RCA connectors to get for this purpose. I was thinking of getting neutrik connectors, but if there are good cheap options locally, that will be better.

How good would these two be for interconnects. I thought, while I am at it, might as well make a few RCAs, digital coaxial cables etc in one shot. Are these going to be a lot better than MX.

Any other options for this purpose. I dont want to make complicated stuff, specially for this length:). Though that would be ok for interconnects and digital coaxials if the returns in terms of sound quality are good:)

Where can i buy good coaxial cables in bangalore. How do the finolexes compare to the beldens.
thanx

RG-59 is 75 ohm unbalanced cable usually used in Intermediate Frequency and radio frequency applications. I dont know if it will be suited for audio freq. Similarly, RG-6 is used for RF.
Joshua

subwoofer is one of the least demanding application. coax carries digital audio, analog audio, 80 odd channels of tv audio and video etc. i am pretty sure it should be able to handle a subwoofer.

belden dealer (interface) is quoting 90/- per meter for 1505a and 130/- for 1694a for a length of 30m. too hot for my blood. any other good and cheaper options?

Edit: 9116 is 20/- pm, but it has steel coated with copper core, instead of a bare copper core. also the braid shielding is only 60%, need something better.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back