Marantz 6004 or CA Azur 351A

cheth10

Hello everyone,

I want to upgrade my current amplifier ( Topping TP 20 MK2 ) which i use for my MS Carnival 8 speakers . Topping is a great amp but i feel i need an upgrade as i want more power and get more from my speakers .
I am currently contemplating on Marantz PM 6004 and CA Azur 351A . Use is mainly for music and the amp will be complemented with a Schiit Modi DAC ( optical ) connected to a Wireless music receiver( source ) with Optical Out .

Would really like your opinion regarding the choice of amp . It is not practical to take the speakers for audition , so i kindly request you go give you valuable inputs so that i can make a choice.
Also kindly recommend others amps i can look out for .

Thank you very much:):)

I cannot comment on marantz but CA 351 will be grossly under powered, at least CA 651 you should aim for. Also instead of taking your speakers for audition go alone and if you like a particular amp matching with some floorstand speaker ask for a home demo of that amp. This way you would be able to avoid a blind buy

Hello everyone,

I want to upgrade my current amplifier ( Topping TP 20 MK2 ) which i use for my MS Carnival 8 speakers . Topping is a great amp but i feel i need an upgrade as i want more power and get more from my speakers .
I am currently contemplating on Marantz PM 6004 and CA Azur 351A . Use is mainly for music and the amp will be complemented with a Schiit Modi DAC ( optical ) connected to a Wireless music receiver( source ) with Optical Out .

Would really like your opinion regarding the choice of amp . It is not practical to take the speakers for audition , so i kindly request you go give you valuable inputs so that i can make a choice.
Also kindly recommend others amps i can look out for .

Thank you very much:):)
Try ProFX @Ernakulam.
Also, there are a lot of forum members from Ernakulam. They can help you in getting a demo.

I cannot comment on marantz but CA 351 will be grossly under powered, at least CA 651 you should aim for. Also instead of taking your speakers for audition go alone and if you like a particular amp matching with some floorstand speaker ask for a home demo of that amp. This way you would be able to avoid a blind buy

Hey Haisaikat,

Thanks for the info . I am thinking abt the CA 651 also . Thing is my hometown does not have anyone who deals with brands like CA . I will try thou.

Try ProFX @Ernakulam.
Also, there are a lot of forum members from Ernakulam. They can help you in getting a demo.

hey Marx,

ProFX is too expensive . Already been there when i was looking for a receiver. I will try other places . Thank you

hey Marx,

ProFX is too expensive . Already been there when i was looking for a receiver. I will try other places . Thank you

Yeah!

If you are free, you can come with me to Geo Enterprises, Thrissur to checkout the amplifiers/receivers and speakers they have, this week.

Yeah!

If you are free, you can come with me to Geo Enterprises, Thrissur to checkout the amplifiers/receivers and speakers they have, this week.

Hey Marx,
Thank you but I don't think I can make it to TCR anytime soon..will stick to what is available in Kochi.If there is a better offer from Geo then surely will take it.
Thanks for looking out.

90db of carnival 8 is a fairly easy load to drive, so don't discount moderately powered amps like 6004 and 351 unless you have a big room. Having said that, I do believe in erring on the positive side when it comes to selecting power for speakers. NADs are well known to handle 4 ohm loads better hence might be a worthy contender. I owned a 650 at some point and found it good enough in power department and decent match for similar floor standing speakers. I would go for 651 or NAD C356 or Arcam A19 if budget permits.

90db of carnival 8 is a fairly easy load to drive, so don't discount moderately powered amps like 6004 and 351 unless you have a big room. Having said that, I do believe in erring on the positive side when it comes to selecting power for speakers. NADs are well known to handle 4 ohm loads better hence might be a worthy contender. I owned a 650 at some point and found it good enough in power department and decent match for similar floor standing speakers. I would go for 651 or NAD C356 or Arcam A19 if budget permits.

Ho Aashish..thank you so much for your valuable input.Currently my budget allows me to get a moderately powdered amp.I think I will go for a NAD C 316 BEE but I haven't confirmed. There is no scope for audition here at my place an hence the problem. Am also looking for used gear of more power if anything is available.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back