Marantz AV7706 and room correction software

mosesarm

After much deliberation between an Anthem and a Marantz, I’ve picked up the Marantz AV7706 pre-amp.

Marantz comes stock with Audessey. However, is it possible to use the Marantz with Dirac as well? The about to be released Marantz Cinema line comes with Dirac.

Does anyone own an Marantz AV7706?

Pls do share your experience and thoughts.

After much deliberation between an Anthem and a Marantz, I’ve picked up the Marantz AV7706 pre-amp.

Marantz comes stock with Audessey. However, is it possible to use the Marantz with Dirac as well? The about to be released Marantz Cinema line comes with Dirac.

Hi. I have Maratntz 7706 using from 6 months. I seriously didn't like the Ausyssey setting.. The sound is muffled and lifeless.
I have set everything manually and using good ola bass treble tone control. Wow I like this sound , more lively and realism in the tonality. You can try manually. I don't have much idea on dirac

Hi. Thanks for the heads up on the Audyssey. Apart from that, how is your experience of the AV7706. Marantz is about the release bew models all across and I was wondering whether to wait or not. But I’m getting the AV7706 at a very good price. Setting up a 5.2.2 system.

I think its Dirac upgradeable on paying the license fee and doesn't come out
so Dirac can be used with Marantz and Denons too? Wouldn‘t the avr or pre-amp need to be encoded to work with either or?
for example the new lines from Denon and Marantz specifically mention Dirac and Audyssey.

I don't think the existing AVR model which has inbuilt Audyssey will be upgradeble to Dirac. The newly announced Denon and Marantz will be having Dirac as per my understanding.
In between them I will choose Dirac.

I don't think the existing AVR model which has inbuilt Audyssey will be upgradeble to Dirac. The newly announced Denon and Marantz will be having Dirac as per my understanding.
In between them I will choose Dirac.
Yes I verified that. thanks. But audyssey and a single 8k hdmi port aren’t dealbreakers cuz the AV7706 seems to be a pretty good unit anyway. Especially at the price it’s available at.

Hi. Thanks for the heads up on the Audyssey. Apart from that, how is your experience of the AV7706. Marantz is about the release bew models all across and I was wondering whether to wait or not. But I’m getting the AV7706 at a very good price. Setting up a 5.2.2 system.
I am xtremely happy with 7706 performance.
Sound fields are powerful and output voltage from either RCA or xlr is very powerful to drive poweramps without stressing them. So you get lush fuller sound enveloping the room. Tonally also very enriching experience. Surrounds just come alive

I am xtremely happy with 7706 performance.
Sound fields are powerful and output voltage from either RCA or xlr is very powerful to drive poweramps without stressing them. So you get lush fuller sound enveloping the room. Tonally also very enriching experience. Surrounds just come alive
Understood. thanks for the elaboration. I think I will stick with the AV7706.

I seriously didn't like the Ausyssey setting.
Surprised to read this.
My 9 year old Denon AVR-3312 which has old school Audyssey did a decent job. I did intervene and modify some settings but not around sound equalization. It was more around speaker distances and cross over as I wanted more bass from the main speakers and not have the sub woofer do everything. For the most part, Audyssey did get it right. To further enhance the result, I fiddled with Dynamic Volume which pretty much sorted the setup.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back