Marantz NA 6005 - Unable to control volume

heliumflight

Hi Folks,

I wanted to know if any one has Marantz NA 6005 (Network Streamer). Does it have a built in preamp to connect to poweramp? The manual says it does and so does the app but still unable to control the volume and it plays at full volume. Strange even the remote has a volume button but does not control. Any experiences will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-helium

Many of the modern CDP and Network player have digital signal attenuation in-built into them which they also sell as pre-amp since like preamps they allow volume control. In my ca 851c I have to turn this feature on-off to make it work. In a brief look at the manual of your device I could not find any setting for volume control settings. However below looks a probable option if you could confirm having tried out

Look at turning on dig-out and see if volume control works.

Hello Heliumflight,

The volume control on the remote is only for use when you have a connected Marantz amplifier and not for the network streamer itself.

Cheers

Heliumflight,
Press and hold the ENTER and number 1 button down together for more than 5 seconds. You will then be able to adjust the volume from the analogue outs of the MarantzNA 6005.

Heliumflight,
Press and hold the ENTER and number 1 button down together for more than 5 seconds. You will then be able to adjust the volume from the analogue outs of the MarantzNA 6005.
Thanks that what the Marantz distributor told me and whatsapp me the manual but apparently that didn't work, so I reached out to Marantz US and they told me that you have been misinformed and if your unit is EU version of NA6005, the variable output is not supported. It is specification for this version. Now i have ordererd a preamp to solve this riddle - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07545WKJR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Back