Marantz NR1509 PCM mode when TV on

samgurung

Hi All,

I have a marantz NR1509 avr. When I play music through spotify, or my home plex music server and the TV that is connected to the avr is on I see 'PCM' light up on the receiver. However when I put off the TV 'PCM' disappears and the sound quality changes.. its like the dynamic eq is not applied by the receiver. The music sounds much better when the TV is on. I would like the be able to play music without requiring the TV to be on and still get the desired sound output.

Would appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this issue.

Thank you,

How is the connection made with all components? Is ARC enabled for TV?

Secondly, depending on the capability of the device or component....one can configure HDMI to send the required signals to the AVR...

Example.....I use the Laptop a lot through HDMI and always most signals sent are L + R Digital.....PCM.......when I play a movie....using VLC player...I have configured the same to send DD or 5.1 signals to the AVR so I dont miss out ....

Audyssey is applied to all sources once setup is done........if you refer to the owners manual....you can do some manual tweaks for the AVR if required....

Suggest you post the issue you are facing in the Marantz Owners thread where you will get a quicker response....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back