Marantz PM15S1

denom

Banned
Banned
Anyone on the Forum have this amp or heard it?

I heard it yesterday paired to Klipsch Snergy F2's & RF62's & did not find the combination very satisfying, with the Hf's becoming very shrill & piercing to one ears. Source used was a Jamo CD player. Since there was no other 2 ch stereo amp available, had to replace the 15S1 with a Marantz AV SR3001 & the combo sounded better!

Googled reviews on this amp & did not find any detailed info on it, but found out that its discontinued model with the 15S2 replacing it.

Would appreciate if anyone can share more info on this amp.

denom,klipsch has always had speakers a little on the brighter side,so the pairing is suspect here.try it with some other speakers,should present differently,am sure.that said,have heard the pm17,which is a very nice amp IMHO.cheers

Anyone on the Forum have this amp or heard it?

I heard it yesterday paired to Klipsch Snergy F2's & RF62's & did not find the combination very satisfying, with the Hf's becoming very shrill & piercing to one ears. Source used was a Jamo CD player. Since there was no other 2 ch stereo amp available, had to replace the 15S1 with a Marantz AV SR3001 & the combo sounded better!

Googled reviews on this amp & did not find any detailed info on it, but found out that its discontinued model with the 15S2 replacing it.

Would appreciate if anyone can share more info on this amp.

Hi Denom,

The Amp was one of the upper spectrum Amp from Marantz stable.

Our erstwhile forum member Sidharth Trehan had it. A few of our forum members have his email id.

BTW, I heard Klipsch floorstanders sometime back. Don't know the model no. They sounded too bright and there is no synergy between the tweeter and other drivers. As a result, I found that the HF sound was disassociated from rest of the spectrum.

Rgds

Rajesh

Rallynut & Capn.

Thanks for the inputs. Have Sids contact, will get more gyaan from him....
I had paired my humble Norge 2060 amp with the Synergy F2's & the combination sounded great, the brightness as you guys say was well in control & the speakers sounded fantastic for my taste in music, plenty of 'Attack' just the way I like my sound :)
Also I did not have to crank up the volume, 11 o'clock was LOUD! :D

Hai all,

Yesterday I had auditioned Marantz Amp 5003 (40 w per channel) with Mordaunt Short Aviano-2. The result was pure bliss. The speakers sounded very neutral, soundstage was good, bass was a plenty. Some songs sounded like they were played on a floorstanders. Sorce used were Cambridge Audio CDP and DVD Player DV99.

MS may be a good choice for Marantz.

N.Murali

I have heard Sid's setup.
When I heard then, he had this paired with Dali Ikon 6. Source was Marantz CDP 5003

To me, they sounded just perfect. The soundstage was brilliant too. The Ikons are tad on the brighter side, but they are pleasantly bright.

Did you find them on sale? Whats the price being quoted for this discontinued beast?

Jitu,

The amp is not for sale, it was part of the demo equipment used in the shop (cinebels) where i demo'ed the klipsch speakers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back