Marantz PM7001 minor upgraded

ravin

Recent upgrade: IEC inlet FURUTECH FI-10(G) + Monster Powerline 400 Signature series AC cable + JET (Oyaide P-079) male/female plugs.

First impression - there is more clarity, with more details in the highs and more controlled lows :)
Currently have the system disconnected as need to finish the painting on one of the walls before I can rearrange the room and set it up again.

Next Upgrade: Bussmann ceramic fuse (Cyrogenic) T3.15A 250V (5mx20mm)

ravin,am sure they must have cost you a fair bit :)???cheers

@rallynut - Here are the costs of the products (for reference and comparison):

Furutech FI-10(G) Screw Type = THB 900 (INR 1285)
Monster AC Cable Powerline 400 = THB 650 (INR 930)(1.5m)
AC Male/Female Plugs JET P-079 = THB 525 (INR 750)(OYAIDE JAPAN :lol:)
Accessories, WBT solder, cables = THB 250 (INR 355)(0.5m cables, solder)
Labour Cost (2 bottles Heineken) = THB 130 (INR 185)(7-Eleven)

WIRES USED: Stranded silver cables of approx. 16 AWG (White = N, Black = L).
GROUND: Made an extra connection to ground the chassis with the IEC inlet, since my wall sockets have been earthed. No ground loop found.
SHIELD: All cables used in the wiring have been shielded twice to prevent any noise or interference from other pcb connections.

TEST: I switched the power on and turned the volume knob at max. to listen to any interference (no humm/hiss sound - very good).
Next, I connected the CD5001 and played a track of Akon's "Beautiful" and paused it, then turned on the volume to max. - I could barely hear the hiss sound from the tweeters, extremely minimal (had to stick my ears to it). So far so good!:clapping:

Being a novice in electric or electronics, I did a bit of study on the internet before undertaking the DIY project. I difficult part was understanding the cable colours and getting the L and N wired correctly. After a bit of search, it became a piece of cake

(Be careful while handling ac cables unless you are 1000% sure of not electrocuting yourself).

ravin,am sure it must be definitely 'upping' the sonic capabilities of ur marantz(if the role of power cords/connectors/cables and the likes are to be believed),and good of u to share the breakdown of costs involved.enjoy ur 'modded' amp to the fullest :).cheers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back