Marantz Receivers Availability and Pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLASTO

I happen to audition Denon X1000 alongside Marantz SR5006(old) and there is no contest. Liked the Marantz much more than the denon. I will be validating the claim again before any purchase. A single music video is all you need to make the distinction.

I checked prices in hifimart and was stumped to see a minimum of 64k for the current SR5008. I am sure it is available elsewhere for less. Also, does anyone still sell the SR5006 and SR5007 models at discount prices?

Please mention any Marantz AVRs you might come across for less. Around 40-50k alongside denon amps will make them big value.

Also how are the NR series compared to the SR series? Are they any good?

marantz sr 5006 is outdated.yes you are right, i have maratz sr 5006 avr.its supurb for that price.sound good. You have to look for used one only.

How much did you get the SR5006 for?
I can try negotiating the SR5006 demo piece in the place I auditioned.

I have very bad experience with Marantz. I have the SR-5005 model. Trouble started out of the box and persists today. I have already but the details in another thread by baijuxavier. I would seriously suggest you look for other brands apart from Marantz/Denon for trouble free experience. I have owned Onkyo, Marantz and Yamaha AVRs in that order and only marantz has been a problem. Even now, with the marantz back in my setup, I can't see for a stretch for half and hour without the AVR shutting down randomly with red flashing light :(. For the price, I would suggest you give Yamaha 6XX a try. I do concede that marantz performs the best if and when working.

Update:

I went to audition the amps in the same place (Audio People - Jubilee hills) with a friend.

The model demoed yesterday seem to be Marantz SR5008 (instead of 5006). I have again demoed the amps and speaker packages today and here is what I infer.

1) SR5008 bests SR6007 present there by quite a margin. This is unexpected(!!!). All of bass, dynamism, coherence (mainly) and overall presentation is better than the SR6007. This is a wonder because it is a lower end model from just a year ahead. There is some serious changes that have gotten in to the SR5008 which makes it stand out.

2) Denon, which seemingly performed well in the movies yesterday did not perform any better. Both the Marantz receivers have a more fuller, organic and fluid sound while the denon has a punchy bass with lesser coherence. The different frequency sounds are distinguished, separated and pushed in a disconnected/incoherent manner in the denon comparatively. Not noticeable without side by side comparison with Marantz.

3) Soundstage with the Marantz SR5008 is remarkable in music videos. I am experiencing it first time in a relatively affordable 5.1 AVR.

4) SR5008 being better than SR6007(by a margin) rules out purchasing any x007/x006 series amplifiers unfortunately. :( The showroom person was suggesting SR6007 is almost same as SR5008 but it did not show up in the performance. It could be due to the setup/Audissey settings etc, not sure but SR5008 was clearly superior.

All the demo is done with Monitor Audio MASS speaker package. This package is awesome. The pairing with the marantz was sublime.

Please demo Monitor Audio Mass package connected to Marantz SR5008 if you get a chance. In Hyderabad it is available with Audio People (Jubilee Hills).

Last edited:
You may need to check it in HiFi mart for Marantz prcie. They seems to have better price for AVR's

i have maratz sr 5006 avr.its supurb for that price.sound good. You have to look for used one only.
nqpSam

Also how are the NR series compared to the SR series? Are they any good?

Yes. I purchased NR1402 for Rs.24500/- from HiFiMart 1 year ago. Giving excellent performance. Now the model is not available, but next one NR1604 is available for around Rs.54,000/-.It is network abled model.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back