Marantz SR6012 and Bluetooth

Yeah Wifi is something that is left out now from her phone, but my interest has started waning out now...but yes I know that piece has been left out...I will try and post the updates here.

I am located in Thane.

Hi All,

As a last nail in the coffin, I had recently purchased a brand new samsung android phone for my mother (not a high end one, but a basic one which has almost all the bells and whistles of a flagship phone sans the price) and tried the bluetooth option, BUT again a BIG NO! This phone too failed to detect the AVR. So the only option left to test is a non-samsung android phone hoping that Samsung here is the culprit.

I will definitely try that option too, but currently we all are Apple users hence nobody in the family has another non-samsung android phone but as and when I do catch hold of someone who has a non-samsung android phone, I will try pairing it again with the AVR and will post the results here.

Meanwhile if someone who has recently bought the 6012, I would request them to check the bluetooth connectivity with their android phones (any brand) and post the results here.

Thank you all once again for all your time and efforts put here to troubleshoot the problem. At the bottom of my heart I still feel this is a samsung issue rather than the AVR.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Hi

In order to know effectively whether there are Bluetooth connectivity challenges in the xx12 series...suggest you post your issue in the Marantz Owners thread....you should get some answers...

Update:

I tried the bluetooth connectivity with an old Nokia X. It works perfectly! Detects in 2-3 secs! So Samsung is problem here!

Possibly Samsung is following some different protocol for pairing....maybe some answer available on google...

Tried looking for this over the web and other AV forums last week itself, but did not find anything.

Maybe its too early, as the 6012 is relatively new and not many own it. Hence I think I should wait for some more time AND not many try to pair a Samsung phone with the AVR over bluetooth. :)

Facing the same issue with my marantz 6013 and apparently i have samsung galaxy s10!
Anybody has any solution?

Suggest you post the challenge in the Marantz Owners thread where actual owners will respond based on their experience

Tried looking for this over the web and other AV forums last week itself, but did not find anything.

Maybe its too early, as the 6012 is relatively new and not many own it. Hence I think I should wait for some more time AND not many try to pair a Samsung phone with the AVR over bluetooth. :)
I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone ever found a solution to the Samsung-Marantz issue? I have an SR6011 that pairs fine with my LG G7 phone but can't find my Samsung tablet at all. I agree that playing via wi-fi is more robust but I have no way to play Amazon Music app this way because the songs are streaming and not local on my device unless I'm missing something??

I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone ever found a solution to the Samsung-Marantz issue? I have an SR6011 that pairs fine with my LG G7 phone but can't find my Samsung tablet at all. I agree that playing via wi-fi is more robust but I have no way to play Amazon Music app this way because the songs are streaming and not local on my device unless I'm missing something??

Nope. Never got a solution to it. Eventually I had sold off my Samsung phone very soon as I was not cofortable using it.

Same issue with one plus phones as well. It detects but the network keeps breaking.

Has anyone written to Marantz Customer support on this challenge? Maybe if reported, they (Marantz) can (perhaps) work on some firmware update which can address this challenge.

Back