Massive dips with audysey

Love4sound

Dear Fm’s

Below is a full range sweep of my mains. Red is a pure direct graph and the purple is post audyssey. If you see the response of my mains from 80-200 it is actually very good with no major dips. But after audyssey look at the horrible dips.105-135 is completely gone. Distance of LR I left it to default values set by audysey. Should I experiment the distance values for my LR? Please advice.

5DDF3CF3-F275-41DA-8C55-8300C522087D.jpeg

Can you give the other details that audyssey has set (crossover freq, small/large..)? Have you manually chaneged things from the default audyssey settings? How many positions have you taken the measurements from?

Can you give the other details that audyssey has set (crossover freq, small/large..)? Have you manually chaneged things from the default audyssey settings? How many positions have you taken the measurements from?
It set it to small and crossover to 40. Please note this is a full range sweep. Meaning that 15hz-200hz sweep was fully driven by my mains. I set the fronts to large and disabled the subwoofer to measure only the response of my mains. Since I am the only one who uses the HT there is only one MLP and hence I stop audysey after 3 measurements i.e only 3 positions

Wouldn't full range be upto 20khz?
Try doing the same with subs and post audyssey move the crossover to 80Jz and check.
The number of measurements have nothing to do with number of actual sitting positions but for audyssey to calculate issues with backrest or other issues. Also, since you have a recliner, check by keeping the mic higher than the backrest of the recliner to avoid issues with reflections.

Wouldn't full range be upto 20khz?
Try doing the same with subs and post audyssey move the crossover to 80Jz and check.
The number of measurements have nothing to do with number of actual sitting positions but for audyssey to calculate issues with backrest or other issues. Also, since you have a recliner, check by keeping the mic higher than the backrest of the recliner to avoid issues with reflections.
Yeah but in rew I limited it to 15-200hz for measuring my mains alone set at large.For multiple seating positions it is advised to run the full 8 positions but for a single position 3 works best. Even with the subs crossed over at 80 the results are similar since post 100hz it is the mains that is completely taking over. I kept the mic exactly at ear levels at my MLP. Also another weird observations post audyssey is it that sets sub gain to -0.5 when both my sub knobs are set at 12’O clock which is very loud. It measures 88-92db when I checked spl

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back